Iceland 2020: Daði og Gagnamagnið -Think About Things

This is #96 on UK iTunes.

Also my mother liked it. Hated Lithuania.

It was as high as #30 earlier this week. I see they talked about it on The Last Leg but I haven’t watched.

Didn’t someone say the other day that Coronavirus has now reached Iceland? I’ll pop her a note through and tell her who to visit first :disco:

Daði a one hour concert of Eurovision covers last night:

Anyone who picks both “Open Your Heart” and “Hatrið mun sigra” is okay with me.

You enjoyed posting in this thread because of the name didn’t you.

Well he did a great job sucking the joy out of everything. That Hatari cover is a disgrace.

Reactions: Zu
Well he did a great job sucking the joy out of everything. That Hatari cover is a disgrace.

:D:disco: OH GOOD. I didn’t watch it myself because I can’t even bear to look at it, but it sounds like a job well done :tongueout:

Am enjoying re-reading the early reactions to the Icelandic selection.

This ended up at #43 in the UK. Probably top 30 if the show had happened properly.

He did something similar when I saw him. Quite obscure choices too. He seems to really love Eurovision, so it makes me sad to see certain Zu Klaras leading hate campaigns against him.

Actually I do concede that the Hot Chip remix of the ESC entry is NOT BAD. One of my main issues with the original (apart from the general air of smug from Dodi and chums) was that utterly hateful backing track. There you are, Sunshine Zu has spoken :disco:

Actually I do concede that the Hot Chip remix of the ESC entry is NOT BAD. One of my main issues with the original (apart from the general air of smug from Dodi and chums) was that utterly hateful backing track. There you are, Sunshine Zu has spoken :disco:

I absolutely get it, but maybe it’s the few cans and the curry I administered to get over the trauma of today, but this was quite a nice little hour of power, some nice deep (largely Nordic) cutz.

I can see why there’s a Hot Chip remix, the whole set sounded a bit Chippy.

now I’m satisfied that he’s not an ironic Eurovision frienemy, I’m warming to him a bit. And even the song is to his new baby, I judged too soon.

still not a bit fan of the TEAL, even after the voddy and coke

Oh yes, having a Hot Chip remix makes TOTAL sense. I never actually got the sense that he was some sort of ESC hater; there’s just something a bit knowing about the performance and array of teal which grated. Obviously Hatari were also knowing but that was different :)

Oh yes, having a Hot Chip remix makes TOTAL sense. I never actually got the sense that he was some sort of ESC hater; there’s just something a bit knowing about the performance and array of teal which grated. Obviously Hatari were also knowing but that was different :)

maybe I got caught up in the “haters gonna hate” fiasco fantasy that always accompanies Eurovision. I’m sure there are some people who can’t rest at simply disliking Uno, they are REALLY hoping that the band hate the gays so they can say NERRRR to everyone “you HAVE to hate them now :)

I’m sure there are some people who can’t rest at simply disliking Uno, they are REALLY hoping that the band hate the gays so they can say NERRRR to everyone “you HAVE to hate them now :)

Well there WAS that rather dubious video which I hope (and think, actually) was an exercise in irony but I’ve certainly chosen to forget about it

Well there WAS that rather dubious video which I hope (and think, actually) was an exercise in irony but I’ve certainly chosen to forget about it

yeah exactly, that was a gift to them! Some queens just like a narrative. Just hope they remember that Russia isn’t the only Eurovision country that’s shitty to gays (and in-betweens).
Can’t really imagine them booing Poland though, can you?

anyway I’m having a moment

I really liked it until I realise it’d have probably won at the expense of the LOVELY DIODATO and thus can fuck right off

Last edited:

after that concert - definitely have it on in the background - the next thing was 120 unforgettable moments from Eurovision 1999-2018. Started off like “ok sure” and by the time we hit 2009 I was standing on my sofa clicking and clacking YAAAASSS before shaking and crying

Reactions: Zu
after that concert - definitely have it on in the background - the next thing was 120 unforgettable moments from Eurovision 1999-2018. Started off like “ok sure” and by the time we hit 2009 I was standing on my sofa clicking and clacking YAAAASSS before shaking and crying

:D Sounds like a very balanced night in. Certainly doesn’t ring a bell. Personally I prefer to lie down shaking and crying. Or go foetal :disco:

I really liked it until I realise it’d have probably won at the expense of the LOVELY DIODATO and thus can fuck right off

No, I think Italy would have won. Someone else queried the potential Icelandic appeal to Eastern Europeans and I think they had a point. See also: the Balkans. Mind you the same could be said for the Italian entry so who knows what I’m babbling on about

No, I think Italy would have won. Someone else queried the potential Icelandic appeal to Eastern Europeans and I think they had a point. See also: the Balkans. Mind you the same could be said for the Italian entry so who knows what I’m babbling on about
I mean the prospect of him performing Think About Things in an empty Arena Di Reykjavik just sounds FRIGHTENING and APPALLING.

TBH I think second-guessing ‘whether Eastern Europe would get it’ is a fools errand. Conchita proved that once and for all.

Yes just because Eastern Europe were a bit more tolerant than we all thought, it now means they’ll lap up anything Western Europe likes :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom