Iceland 2020: Daði og Gagnamagnið -Think About Things

Sadly there's no guarantee he'll be back. He's already said he probably wouldn't enter the national selection again. They might offer him an internal selection, but the double-edged sword of all this success is that he probably doesn't need it.

This has now spent longer in the top 40 than Euphoria did.

It's also passed Fai Rumore to become the most streamed track from this year's Contest on Spotify.

This has now spent longer in the top 40 than Euphoria did.

It's also passed Fai Rumore to become the most streamed track from this year's Contest on Spotify.
Yes but the charts are so stagnant as people aren't recording as much new music as normal that it will probably still be around in October.

Sadly that's probably true... it would definitely have made a bigger initial impact if it had had the opportunity to be performed live on the night, but I can't see it still making waves now if it had done.

Still, Radio 1 haven't been coy about the fact it's a Eurovision song, so maybe they would have given it time of day after all. I guess we'll never know.

Either way, it's the first Eurovision song to be playlisted since Precious.

Interesting that they chose the week that it's likely to drop out of the top 40 to do this. Hopefully it'll rebound.

Radio 1 will be playlisting this because it’s big on Tik Tok, and they were super slow to move on Say So.
The Eurovision connection is nice, but not really the driving force behind the decision I don’t think sadly :D

Radio 1 will be playlisting this because it’s big on Tik Tok, and they were super slow to move on Say So.
The Eurovision connection is nice, but not really the driving force behind the decision I don’t think sadly :D

I certainly don't think anybody is under the illusion that this is being playlisted BECAUSE it's a Eurovision song. :D

On the Tik Tok thing, hasn't it kind of died down on there now too? Strange timing on all fronts really.

If we talk "Artists that were robbed of having a shot at winning this" CONFIRM MARUV.

Meh @ Dadi. Good for him I guess.

He’ll have the MOMENTUM going into the national final season surely.

I wouldn't say that in the grand scheme of things his success means he's guaranteed to do well this time, but he's very talented and will hopefully deliver another good song. If the Netflix Eurovision movie gets another boost around that time, that could also give him a bump of course.

So he's just gonna present a song - no 'Song For Dadi'-style contest, which seems odd.

That's a big loss for RUV in terms of ad revenue, and a missed opportunity for him in terms of promoting an album or EP's worth of material.

There's always a risk that the public will choose the wrong song when you do that, though...

Especially in a country with a population as small as Iceland.

Are there any lost Icelandic classics that never made it past the national qualifiers?

There's always a risk that the public will choose the wrong song when you do that, though...

Especially in a country with a population as small as Iceland.

True. Fridrik Omar's votes were far too close to Hatari's for comfort.

So he's just gonna present a song - no 'Song For Dadi'-style contest, which seems odd.

That's a big loss for RUV in terms of ad revenue, and a missed opportunity for him in terms of promoting an album or EP's worth of material.

He specifically said from the outset that he’d be happy to go back but wouldn’t go through a national selection again.

He suggested (perhaps correctly) that it’d be more worthwhile for the broadcaster to put the money behind preparing and promoting the entry than a national selection, and let’s face it, if ever there were a year not to put on a whole national competition, then it’s the year with all the restrictions.

I really like it despite it sounding a lot like Think About Things

That's decent. I can only hope that his actual Eurovision entry is 90% somebody else on the vocal as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom