Icona Pop - Club Romantech (Unavailable in Estonia?)

Rate it!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• -

• Total voters

Hak

User
Oh, brace yourselves, Icona Pop is back with a electrifying sensations!

Their latest auditory assault, "Club Romantech," is a whirlwind of neon lights, laser rays, and enough electric beats to power a small city. (If you were expecting a quiet evening in with a cup of herbal tea, ala Agnetha's version of "Where Do We Go From Here?" think again, because their take on it is here to kick you out of your cozy little divan and into the neon-soaked swarm of the club scene.)

These Swedish synth-pop sirens have been on the scene since the Stone Age of 2012, when their hit "I Love It" practically blew our eardrums out and became the unofficial anthem for smashing up your ex's car (or at least thinking about it). Since then, they've been serving as a fading staple of the pop music landscape, known for their catchy hooks, infectious energy, and a penchant for turning every dance floor into a whiplash-fueled party zone. Now, "Club Romantech" is their latest offering, and it's like they've combined the energy of a wild Saturday night with the feeling of an imminent Sunday hangover and compressed it into a 40-minute sonic implosion.

The album kicks off with "Fall in Love," a pulsating track that sets the tone for what's to come. The album also includes a set of singles released since 2020, amongst others "Feels in My Body", "Spa", "Off of My Mind" and "You're Free". Work on the album started in the early days of COVID, when the duo was forced to sell their Los Angeles home and had to relocate back to Stockholm to quarantine. They eventually found themselves in the "quietest period" they had ever experienced in their career. However, they still wanted to create music that was "more up-tempo". With a track listing spanning 4 years and being as long as Loreen's entire discography, it's as if Icona Pop have raided a '90s rave, grabbed a handful of glow sticks on the way to the getaway ride, and compiled everything into an sonnet of that long lost weekend.

Of the new releases, "Stockholm At Night" stands out as an uncharacteristically sublime ode to the city's nocturnal beauty. The questions carry the weight of love and longing but are posed in the form of a chant through the moonlight. The song delicately weaves nostalgia, desire, and the magic of the nocturne into a tapestry of emotion, leaving us lost in the city's enchanting embrace.

It's time to dive into the captivating world of Icona Pop's "Club Romantech" – press play and let the sonic adventure unfold!

Track Listing:
  1. “Fall in Love”
  2. “Desire”
  3. “Shit We Do for Love” (with Yaeger)
  4. “Stick Your Tongue Out”
  5. “Make Your Mind Up Babe”
  6. “Stockholm at Night”
  7. “Where Do We Go From Here
  8. “I Want You” (with Galantis)
  9. “Loving You Ain’t Easy”
  10. “Need You”
  11. “Off of My Mind” (with Vize)
  12. “Faster”
  13. “You’re Free” (with Ultra Naté)
  14. “Feels in My Body”
  15. “Spa” (with Sofi Tukker)

Last edited:
Of the new releases, "Stockholm At Night" stands out as an uncharacteristically sublime ode to the city's nocturnal beauty. The questions carry the weight of love and longing but are posed in the form of a chant through the moonlight. The song delicately weaves nostalgia, desire, and the magic of the nocturne into a tapestry of emotion, leaving us lost in the city's enchanting embrace.

Was this translated from Swedish to Bullshit to English and back again?

Was this translated from Swedish to Bullshit to English and back again?

I'm just relieved Angelica Agurbash makes money somewhere in the music business.

Had a quick flick, these all sound great:

Loving You Ain’t Easy
Faster
Spa

But they all sound like they’re on the wrong album because the rest are all really basic, generic dance songs

(Most of which have the potential to be huge for that very reason)

If Funky listened, it’s probably available in the UK, but not Estonia

Gave this a listen over the weekend. Stockholm at Night is definitely the best thing here. A lot of the rest of the songs are enjoyable individually but as a whole it is a bit tiresome.

None of their pre-I Love It material seems to be on Spotify. Probably their best era and this is still my favourite thing they've done:

I hadn't realised they've going on at it for so long now, those I Love It royalties have really paid off,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom