If Beale Street Could Talk

Vice and Bohemian Rhapsody over this?!

• Total voters

VoR

Take it or leave it
I swear virtually all of the Oscar also-rans I've seen this year have been vastly superior to most of the films actually nominated for Best Picture.

This was absolutely gorgeous. Low key, but beautifully acted and shot, and with that same sort of poetic melancholy that made Moonlight so special. The whole cast was perfect, but Regina King definitely deserves all the awards love she's getting - like Mahershala Ali in Moonlight, she doesn't get a lot of really *big* scenes, but she just radiates goodness and empathy.

I liked it, I didn't love it in the way I loved Moonlight though. The way music was used in certain scenes was really moving.

I didn’t really connect with this, I appreciated the direction and the score and some of the scenes were great but on the whole I was a bit cold on it. Similar to how I felt about Moonlight.

One of the worst films I saw so far this year. I went with four other people and we often disagree about what we've just seen. Every single one of us couldn't wait to get out of the cinema. Staggeringly dull and pretentious.

Totally loved it. Glad with the ending too. Totally didn’t do what expected or Hollywood expects. Need more movies like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom