Ignore Threads and Ignore Forums

ZenGiraffe

Who is SHE though?
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello everyone.

I have installed an addon that enables everyone to ignore specific threads and forums on the site. This will stop you seeing threads on the "What's New" tab, and from seeing them within their specific forum. If you ignore a forum, that forum will display as having no threads within it.

This is done simply with a button that has appeared at the top of each thread and forum.

1645712511460.png

1645712576052.png

YOU WOULD ALSO NEED TO IGNORE THE ASSOCIATED ARCHIVE FORUM AS WELL

1645712655363.png

Dedicated URLs to threads will however still work, even if you are ignoring them or their parent forum. e.g.:

To UNIGNORE content:

Click Ignoring under your user profile here:

1645712736908.png

And then the bin next to the thread/forum that you are ignoring.

1645712814556.png

I hope this is useful to you all!

Zen.
🦒

Hello everyone.

I have installed an addon that enables everyone to ignore specific threads and forums on the site. This will stop you seeing threads on the "What's New" tab, and from seeing them within their specific forum. If you ignore a forum, that forum will display as having no threads within it.

This is done simply with a button that has appeared at the top of each thread and forum.

View attachment 8553

View attachment 8554

YOU WOULD ALSO NEED TO IGNORE THE ASSOCIATED ARCHIVE FORUM AS WELL

View attachment 8555

Dedicated URLs to threads will however still work, even if you are ignoring them or their parent forum. e.g.:

To UNIGNORE content:

Click Ignoring under your user profile here:

View attachment 8556

And then the bin next to the thread/forum that you are ignoring.

View attachment 8557

I hope this is useful to you all!

Zen.
🦒

tve17083-104-210.jpg

There seems to be some weird server issues and I think it's something to do with the add-on used for ignoring content.

I've disabled it for now until I can figure out for sure it is the culprit and how to fix it

Although yes Moopy has been buggy for me

Sal's opening up a can (or six) of Special Brew in celebration

Not a MAJOR thing but I’ve noticed that the notifications button only works temporarily now - once you click on it once to read your notifications it instantly sets all notifications to read before you’ve even clicked on the first one.

Now I have huge anxiety that I might miss a lovely LIKE from one of my FAVES :(

Not a MAJOR thing but I’ve noticed that the notifications button only works temporarily now - once you click on it once to read your notifications it instantly sets all notifications to read before you’ve even clicked on the first one.
This happens for me too

Tbh anyone who doesn’t have a PUMPKIN CAFÉ LOYALTY CARD is on ignore for me these days :disco:
:D Anyone whose taste doesn't directly reflect mine or whose opinions aren't exactly the same as mine is put STRAIGHT on ignore. Also I instantly fetch the pins if I get as much as a whiff of dissent :disco:

Getting a lot of database errors, the last couple of days.
Yeah, that's what I had earlier and have been trying to figure out. My current theory is that a search engine is indexing us and we're essentially getting DDoSed, because I can see a list of errors and the threads they happened in, and there are loads of random oldish ones.

Is there a way to stop that happening, or does it happen and then it'll stop once everything has been indexed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom