Improptu BI~ON~IC Sync Listen Party 9pm TONIGHT

Prima Donna is shit and I have immediately forgotten it.

I've always been really quite partial to Sex For Breakfast. It's a whole hazy VIBE.

"Soon I'm gonna feel your honey drip, my juices start to flow
Strawberry cream is like a dream, my fantasy is reality
When the morning comes, I know that I will too
And when the sun rises, there's one thing on my mind
I need sex for breakfast, stay inside"

BIT MUCH.

Oh my god, the transition from a string of some of her worst songs ever to "Lift me Up", arguably her best, is a CONCEPT

I really like Lift Me Up. I'm glad we're through the awful slow-jam/rnb section and into the section of the album where she invented Sia.

All I Need and I Am - both perfectly enjoyable ballads, I enjoy the latter more. But it's SO JARRING how these have been YANKED from a completely different album to the other two sonic soundscapes they're competing with here.

I probably prefer "Lift me Up" to "You Lost Me" these days, but both up there with her best ("Hurt")

You Lost Me - OK, anyone with HALF A BRAIN knows that this is one of Legend X's GREATEST songs EVER.

I would say it's actually tied with Hurt as her best ballad, and I come back to this more. Lyrically it's so thoroughly HOPELESS and yet there's still the very tiniest hint of optimism about it - maybe because the music is less maudlin than the subject.

I'm also not sure she has ever given a better vocal. When she begins belting on the second chorus - that is ear candy, that is the stuff of legend.

And the way the word "babe..." is allowed to just hang in the air for a moment before that crushing verdict is delivered :( wow. WOW. WOW! WOW! WOOOW. *Oprah spazz-out*

You Lost Me is so, so good. One of her best ballads.

Then back into ELECTRO TRASH :D

The Hex Hector remix of You Lost Me is one of my favourite diva remixes ever. It somehow transforms it into a PUSSY POPPING ANTHEM

definitely one for the faggots.

Reactions: GNL
I Hate Boys is too juvenile ("I think they SUCK!") but it's not bad. There's just enough left-of-centre-ness to make it somehow appealing. More of a SKETCH than a song really.

Reactions: GNL
You Lost Me - OK, anyone with HALF A BRAIN knows that this is one of Legend X's GREATEST songs EVER.

I would say it's actually tied with Hurt as her best ballad, and I come back to this more. Lyrically it's so thoroughly HOPELESS and yet there's still the very tiniest hint of optimism about it - maybe because the music is less maudlin than the subject.

I'm also not sure she has ever given a better vocal. When she begins belting on the second chorus - that is ear candy, that is the stuff of legend.

And the way the word "babe..." is allowed to just hang in the air for a moment before that crushing verdict is delivered :( wow. WOW. WOW! WOW! WOOOW. *Oprah spazz-out*

"You Lost Me" showcases her fragility more than any other song (perhaps along with "Walk Away"). You know her marriage was falling apart at that time too, which makes it all the more :(

"My girls wear lipstick while they're makin' my beats" - Chrissy, hun, most of album was produced by men. but then X's brand of feminism has always been a bit "YEEEAH! GIRL POWER! HA!" without necessarily putting her money where her mouth is.

Peaches' rap here is excellent, much better than everything around it.

"I rock a mullet or two - below the waist."

* Rhythm of the Night plays in the distance *

"My Girls" isn't as bad as some of the other uptempos but sounds so CHEAP. And who is Peaches?

"I'm not cocky , I just LOVE MYSELF, BITCH!" :D

So unlikable and not self aware (you know she isn't even trying to be ironic) it hurts :D

"My girls wear lipstick while they're makin' my beats" - Chrissy, hun, most of album was produced by men. but then X's brand of feminism has always been a bit "YEEEAH! GIRL POWER! HA!" without necessarily putting her money where her mouth is.

I wish she'd spent more time in the studio with Ladytron, M.I.A, Peaches et al, and less with whoever was behind that middle section of the album.

"I make myself so much WETTER" :disco:

she really thought she did something every time she used the word "bitch" on this album or congratulated herself lyrically.

This song would be better if it didn't recycle Not Myself Tonight's production. The "V is for vanity" hook is not bad at all.

The random vocal run and her forcing her infant son to congratulate her at the end :D

Vanity sounds like something a drag race alum would put out for gays to play at pre-drinks, so I guess she really was ahead of her time.

HER MIND.

Monday Morning is comfortably the best non-ballad on this record. So of course it was just a bonus track. It's like a forgotten 70s disco banger that reached #14.

"Monday Morning" easily the best uptempo to come out of this era that inexplicably did not make the cut of the 18 track album

FUCK OFF CHRISTINA

Bobblehead is "whack" indeed.

WOOOOOMP-WOOOOMP-WOMP-WA-WOMP :D jesus christ

Label execs when presented with Xtina's original tracklist. "I DON'T GET IT" *chews gum* oh my god that hour simultaneously flew by and exhausted me.

Birds of Prey is stun. Another case of "how did this get relegated to the bonus CD?"

"Birds of Prey" is another one I don't remember, it's a bit haunting I like it.

Birds of Prey just finished but I already can't remember it.

Stronger Than Ever is a bit screamfest but quite rousing and not a bad closer.

This would be my tracklist

01 Bionic
02 Elastic Love
03 Woohoo
04 Monday Morning
05 You Lost Me
06 Sex For Breakfast
07 Vanity
08 My Girls
09 I Am
10 All I Need
11 Lift Me Up
12 Stronger Than Ever
13 Little Dreamer

which is in itself far from a perfect album, but at least doesn't try to shoehorn in those cheap R&B jams from Tricky Stewart or whoever did them. Not Myself Tonight could've been a standalone single or part of a different project, but it sunk this album on arrival.

Last edited:
This album has some of the best moments of her career (You Lost Me, Not Myself Tonight, Lift Me Up) and some of the absolute worst

It is ill-conceived, doesn't know how to play to her strengths, and that cover remains OFFENSIVE

the album in its final form is such a fascinating horror show mash-up of embarrassing atrocities and sporadic genuine, career-best brilliance - not EVERYONE HAS THAT! HA!

Litte Dreamer is just gorgeous, I remember being briefly obsessed but haven't listened in forever. Perfect album closer. We need that on Spotify.

This would be my tracklist

01 Bionic
02 Elastic Love
03 Woohoo
04 Monday Morning
05 You Lost Me
06 Sex For Breakfast
07 Vanity
08 My Girls
09 I Am
10 All I Need
11 Lift Me Up
12 Stronger Than Ever

which is in itself far from a perfect album, but at least doesn't try to shoehorn in those cheap R&B jams from Tricky Stewart or whoever did them. Not Myself Tonight could've been a standalone single or part of a different project, but it sunk this album on arrival.
Swap "Little Dreamer" for "Vanity" and "Birds of Prey" for "My Girls" and that is my ideal track list. I don't get the faux hip hop tracks. First of all they don't even go with the "futuristic" "electro-glam" theme, and second of all they are uniformly horrible.

Swap "Little Dreamer" for "Vanity" and "Birds of Prey" for "My Girls" and that is my ideal track list. I don't get the faux hip hop tracks. First of all they don't even go with the "futuristic" "electro-glam" theme, and second of all they are uniformly horrible.
they all scream "label heard the album, panicked, called a hitmaker who was vaguely of-the-moment but relatively cheap, picked up six leftovers and sprinkled over the meal Xtina had prepared" (and I'm not talking about breakfast). Unfortunately the seasoning was well past its best-by date.

I would be down to do one of these for Liberation at some point. Obviously my ears cannot handle a "Lotus" sesh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom