Instant Hotel

Suomi

User
Okay look, I'm not going to beat around the bush. From now on I will see life in two halves - the time of my life before I saw Instant Hotel, and the time of my life after.

Instant Hotel is an Australian tv show on Netflix that features the greatest reality tv cast since Big Brother 7 UK. The premise is essentially a cross between "4 in a Bed" and Kath and Kim.

I will not say anymore but if you find yourself blessed enough to see this Emmy-nominated show then let this be the space where we can talk about it.

Suomi should I be watching S2 or S1 - Netflix automatically put on S2 and now I don't know what to do to keep you happy.

Hmmm.. I think it's not really for me. I totally get what you mean about the casting, particularly Babe & Bondi and the gay couple, but other than that, it is LITERALLY Four In A Bed with a bit of extra scoring involved. If there's some good arguments later on I'd like to see them, but it's a bit slow.

Sorry Su. :(

Yeah, I enjoyed the first episode enough, but I'm not WOWED yet. Just started episode two. I've got a lot of travel this weekend and can imagine it will be ideal viewing for the train.

Okay, so the second episode looks more promising.

This is SO GOOD, though primarily for the first season only. The cast is brilliant, evil, delusional and hilarious all at the same time, the host is hot to trot, Dame Juliet the perfect Ice Queen and the houses well worth a snoop over.

Babe and Bondi and the Fussy Queens are just some fabulous TV. Thicko James and his doomed marriage are also FUN :disco:

The second series is far less fun and the hot presenter is traded in for, inexplicably, Laurence Llewlyn-Bowen. :zombie:

Hmmm.. I think it's not really for me. I totally get what you mean about the casting, particularly Babe & Bondi and the gay couple, but other than that, it is LITERALLY Four In A Bed with a bit of extra scoring involved. If there's some good arguments later on I'd like to see them, but it's a bit slow.

Sorry Su. :(
You are such a handbrake !

So having watched the first episode, i think I’m most obsessed with the blonde princess and POOR STUPID HUSBAND :D His life must be an actual living HELL!

The bitter gays and B&B are both obvious reality tv icons in the making so comment is not needed :disco:

Does the dumb stupid husband say a SINGLE WORD AT ALL :D I’m finding it somewhat enjoyable to see his completely gormless expression in every single scene whilst his HORRIBLE wife tells him how he is feeling before announcing she isn’t a big drinker and is going to bed.

The editing in the B&B episode seemed to suggest he was more interested in the surprise topless barman than anybody else :D

Finished the first round of the first season earlier tonight. And it was really good at the end. Babe must be one of most compelling characters ever. Bondi grew massively on me as well.

Round two now. Serena and Sturt clearly awful. As are Mikey and Shay, but I get the feeling Shay in particular may surprise.

Serena is just dreadful - I think Shay has the worst reputation online but at least she has a sense of humour.

OMG the absolute gag when they reveal that the bitter gays
actually basically live in Kath and Kim’s house but next to a motorway (albeit with a FABULOUS pool) was almost TOO MUCH :disco:

Babe is obviously WONDERFUL, and seems a genuinely nice person too. Bondi has glimmers but clearly only when she can be bothered :D definitely the Saffy to Babe’s Edina :disco:

I'm trying to introduce this to my family so that I get a chance to watch all over again with an audience but they aren't having it and insist that it just sounds like Australian 4 in a Bed.

Season 1 is iconic.

Season 2 was a MASSIVE letdown.

Bondi, her mum and Margheriiiiita Toiiiime haunt my dreams still.

And Luke Jacobz is LOVELY.

I saw Mikey on Fit For Fashion on Netflix recently. Although that show is quite a few years old, so may pre-date Instant Hotel.

It took me a few episodes to get my head around how utterly ridiculous it is. But if a budget version of ANTM meets It's A Knockout sounds like your thing, it's definitely worth a watch.

It took me a few episodes to get my head around how utterly ridiculous it is. But if a budget version of ANTM meets It's A Knockout sounds like your thing, it's definitely worth a watch.

It was bizarre and I never attempted season 2. And the concept was ridiculous.

But i watched it when my housemate and I were miserable last year and there was no more Instant Hotel or Crashing and it filled the gap nicely for three days.

I ended up watching series 2 before series 1, and thought it was great. Until I saw how incredible series 1 was :D

After the insane casting in series 1, how did they drop the ball so monumentally in series 2?!!!

If only you had shown the same dedication to Eurovision.

At some point moopy needs to create its own Best Reality TV characters ever thread. And Babe needs to be in it.

Bondi was as horrible as the venomous one from the gay couple (I can't remember his name) but Babe really did bring it on each episode she was in. That VOICE. :D

And when she marked down the lovely older guy from the 1950s diner couple for breaking Rule Number 1 - It's Always Margheriiiita Time. Hideous. :disco:)

I was worried the second part of season 1 wouldn’t be as good, but luckily we have utterly vile Serena proclaiming she’s in the top 1% of reviewers on trip advisor every 10 minutes. It was priceless when they get a lower score than the adorable brother and sister with the houseboat. I’m up to the Gold Coast episode where Lynne crashes the party to chat about her extensions.

I love that complete lack of any chemistry between Juliet Ashworth and the host :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom