Interesting/ annoying things about the UK

Kate

she's for the streets BITCH
I love a bus ride, if time permits I’ll happily sit on the bus for an hour instead of getting the tube.
Oh same. And going into town I'm the first stop after the bus station so I USUALLY get the top front seat :disco:

ButterTart

HINGED
Not to turn this topic into something completely different, but the most horrifying examples of public transport accidents in my ”orderly” city happened in 2013 when a local train crashed into a residental building in the middle of the night.

All this happened while the poor cleaner was cleaning the driver cabin and accidently started the train, drove from depot to neighbouring end station and into the building.
:o Holy shit! Was anyone hurt?

ButterTart

HINGED
I don’t think this is uniquely British, but asking someone how they are and getting anything more involved than ‘not bad, thanks’ is something I’m never mentally prepared for.

Diddy

Rice Queen
Do other countries have the same problem that we do with ending phone calls?
We have to say every possible version of ‘bye’ and then, as we’re ending the call, do that sort of goodbye quack where you chant ‘byebyebyebyebye’ until you disconnect. I’ve actually felt quite abrupt in the past for hanging up after only saying bye four or five times.

bye! Bye! Love you bye!

Kate

she's for the streets BITCH
This even happens on Teams chats with my project lead :D "Thanks then. Bye. Have a good weekend. ThanksByebyethanksbye"

Mats

User
Not to turn this topic into something completely different, but the most horrifying examples of public transport accidents in my ”orderly” city happened in 2013 when a local train crashed into a residental building in the middle of the night.

All this happened while the poor cleaner was cleaning the driver cabin and accidently started the train, drove from depot to neighbouring end station and into the building.

oh no, not a poor funkis building :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom