Interesting/annoying things about the USA

Penelope

SMASHING SET
I find it curious that it's such a relatively new country. An American girl on my Masters course, couldn't get her head round us not thinking a Victorian house was considered especially old.
That feels like a very West Coast view

Frozen

I Play The Streetlife
Not sure if this extends to the UK but their obsession with CHILDREN. That all of them are special and must be kept safe and occupied at all times. :D

If only they were as obsessed with children as they are with guns. Children must be kept safe but all they have to offer after a school shooting is thoughts and prayers.

Kate

she's for the streets BITCH
My American friend has learnt today that we pronounce "clerk" as "clark". From the Handforth Parish Council meeting obviously.

KindaCool

Qunt
I'm too prissy to share a living unit with someone. And I've been proven right time and time again.

RJN

User
I love sharing my apartment, but we have separate bathrooms. I wouldn't want to share a bathroom with a roommate again

Lucille

The President of ASS
I honestly wish I could do it, I’m living in a big house in a lovely part of town for not much money and with someone I know, but living with anyone just gives me such RESIDUAL ANXIETY.

Reactions: RJN

Lucille

The President of ASS
I thought I’d got over it this summer when I moved that squaddie into my spare room, but when he turned out to be a mental heroin addict it really made my mind up for good that I’m not upto sharing a flat.

RJN

User
If it gives you anxiety then its so not worth it. Not feeling comfortable at home, especially during a pandemic, is the worst

jivafox

soberish
I had to move out of my super cheap room in the summer because the anxiety of living with my landlord (who suddenly decided to move in!!) was crazy high. Best thing I ever did!

Lucille

The President of ASS
Tbh I never could’ve afforded it last year but thanks to Mr. pandemic rents are 20/30% cheaper in London and I’m THRILLED about that.

NonEvent

User
I might be alone in this one but I spent a summer in the US and I remember struggling with the CURRENCY.

I know it tells you very clearly on the note but when you’re wankered in a dingy gay bar and you have a wallet of notes it was hard to differentiate between a $1, $2, $5, $10 etc *accidentally tips bar tender $20 for opening a bottle of beer*... The £/€ notes are so much more easily recognisable. Contactless not being a thing (is this still the case?) and the bizarre ongoing use of cheques didn’t help either.

I also always seemed to amass notes that were barely hanging together. They are so easy to rip and tear apart :shy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom