Interesting/annoying things about the USA

I find it curious that it's such a relatively new country. An American girl on my Masters course, couldn't get her head round us not thinking a Victorian house was considered especially old.
That feels like a very West Coast view

Not sure if this extends to the UK but their obsession with CHILDREN. That all of them are special and must be kept safe and occupied at all times. :D

If only they were as obsessed with children as they are with guns. Children must be kept safe but all they have to offer after a school shooting is thoughts and prayers.

My American friend has learnt today that we pronounce "clerk" as "clark". From the Handforth Parish Council meeting obviously.

I had a concierge in my last flat and the building was FAR FROM POSH.

It really is great though having someone sign for your parcels though and I’m going to miss it in my next shit hole apartment.
Are you moving again?!

Are you moving again?!

I'm still at my PARENTS!

I'm technically still living with my friend who was in the band but in the 2 weeks I spent with her before Christmas she drove me INSANE, so as soon as I'm back in London I'm finding my OWN PLACE.

I'm too prissy to share a living unit with someone. And I've been proven right time and time again.

I love sharing my apartment, but we have separate bathrooms. I wouldn't want to share a bathroom with a roommate again

I honestly wish I could do it, I’m living in a big house in a lovely part of town for not much money and with someone I know, but living with anyone just gives me such RESIDUAL ANXIETY.

Reactions: RJN
I thought I’d got over it this summer when I moved that squaddie into my spare room, but when he turned out to be a mental heroin addict it really made my mind up for good that I’m not upto sharing a flat.

If it gives you anxiety then its so not worth it. Not feeling comfortable at home, especially during a pandemic, is the worst

I had to move out of my super cheap room in the summer because the anxiety of living with my landlord (who suddenly decided to move in!!) was crazy high. Best thing I ever did!

Tbh I never could’ve afforded it last year but thanks to Mr. pandemic rents are 20/30% cheaper in London and I’m THRILLED about that.

I might be alone in this one but I spent a summer in the US and I remember struggling with the CURRENCY.

I know it tells you very clearly on the note but when you’re wankered in a dingy gay bar and you have a wallet of notes it was hard to differentiate between a $1, $2, $5, $10 etc *accidentally tips bar tender $20 for opening a bottle of beer*... The £/€ notes are so much more easily recognisable. Contactless not being a thing (is this still the case?) and the bizarre ongoing use of cheques didn’t help either.

I also always seemed to amass notes that were barely hanging together. They are so easy to rip and tear apart :shy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom