Interesting/annoying things about the USA

The bills are different colors now (kind of)

And if they rip, you can tape them together and most places will accept them

The big yellow school buses. Quite amazing as we all just had to make our own way to/from school. Are they paid for? Do they drop kids off at specific stops or right to their houses?

Everything comes in pints apart from the beer.

The pronunciation of ‘herb’.

How remembering to mention God is quite literally a make or break requirement for anyone in the public eye who wants to stay successful.

Sorry if these have been mentioned already.

Also American property taxes seem insanely high to me, although it’s probably equally insane that our equivalent tax on a £20 million house is £1600 a year.

mansions that have more BATHROOMS than BEDROOMS

who's USING THEM? Or are they just so nobody at the party has to QUEUE to do COKE?

Has somebody said that public toilet doors in America always seem to have HUGE GAPS so anybody can basically SEE INSIDE the cubical, not to mention a TINY DOOR anyway that is high from the ground and low from the ceiling.

What do Americans have against BASIC PRIVACY at your most vulnerable MOMENTS?

Has somebody said that public toilet doors in America always seem to have HUGE GAPS so anybody can basically SEE INSIDE the cubical, not to mention a TINY DOOR anyway that is high from the ground and low from the ceiling.

quick fix for the obtrusive @Gangsta Nancy Lam figures of this world innit

The big yellow school buses. Quite amazing as we all just had to make our own way to/from school. Are they paid for? Do they drop kids off at specific stops or right to their houses?

It would be shocking if they weren’t paid for.

Yes!

5pnlh7h56sg01.jpg

I may as well shit with the bathroom door open. :D

We have already mentioned the toilets. Me and @RJN both realised we'd been the same public toilet in Washington Square Gardens with NO CUBICLES AT ALL!

Reactions: RJN
I just mean do the parents pay for the individual service if they require it like they might for school dinners, or is it paid for by taxes?

Taxes! And they have set pickup/drop off spots. In the cities/suburbs they are usually walking distance from each house, but rural people drive to the bus stops.

Lunches at school are also paid for by taxes for people with low incomes. In some schools, where the majority are low-income, all students get "free" lunch

Taxes! And they have set pickup/drop off spots. In the cities/suburbs they are usually walking distance from each house, but rural people drive to the bus stops.

Lunches at school are also paid for by taxes for people with low incomes. In some schools, where the majority are low-income, all students get "free" lunch
And yet loads of people don't want to pay taxes for healthcare, even though healthcare affects everyone all of the time rather than just those with children of a certain age :D

Reactions: RJN
And yet loads of people don't want to pay taxes for healthcare, even though healthcare affects everyone all of the time rather than just those with children of a certain age :D

Well I can't explain THAT beyond selfishness/stupidity/ignorance. A lot of people don't want to have to pay for schools too though

What I found really annoying was people saying "Uh huh!” instead of "You're welcome". And people wearing large hoodies/jumpers with shorts and flip flops. Who does that? It doesn't make sense.

I haven’t been for a long time but the last time I was there they had an annoying rule in most restaurants where one member of wait staff would take your order for drinks but this was only soft drinks, then a second person called the “server” would come and take your food order and only at that point could you order the alcohol, is that still a thing? This was in Vegas.

We have already mentioned the toilets. Me and @RJN both realised we'd been the same public toilet in Washington Square Gardens with NO CUBICLES AT ALL!

I know it's not the same country, but i'll never get out of my head the time i went to a public toilets in Beijing. Saw a man crouched down low, reading his phone. Was a bit confused. Then quickly realised this man was SHITTING into a COMMUNAL TROUGH. There wasn't even segregation!

I haven’t been for a long time but the last time I was there they had an annoying rule in most restaurants where one member of wait staff would take your order for drinks but this was only soft drinks, then a second person called the “server” would come and take your food order and only at that point could you order the alcohol, is that still a thing? This was in Vegas.

I’ve never seen this. Sounds like a local thing. Some places you have to be 21 to even serve alcohol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom