Ireland 2021: Lesley Roy - Maps

BRING BACK SARAH!

njzy42q0qqtx.jpg

Didn’t she promise the last song was going to SAVE HOMOSEXUALITY?

Curious to see how the SAME ARTISTS will respond to the feedback from last time and the other songs that got the best feedback. It's quite a unique oppurtunity.

It's going to be hard not to feel for the 2020 artists who come back but don't qualify to the finals.

Not sure why this particular announcement got me thinking about that... :side-eye:

I can't remember her song but I do remember thinking that she would be an OAP based on her name :(

I'll always have a soft spot for her, she was my ASFM entry in something like 2010.

The last one was woefully bad. Surely next year's has to be an improvement - they must have seen how badly Story Of My Life was ranked by fans in comparison to the other entries in 2020. :zombie:

She seems to have a genuine affection for Eurovision and for pop music in general, so I hope she can pull something better out of the bag for 2021.

Reading the original thread for Story of my Life, the pre-hype from the Irish press was HILARIOUS :D

It's FUCKING TRUE! :evil: (i may have allowed myself to get slightly carried away on the pre-release hype train)

Last edited:
It doesn’t show up in the quote but it was the italicised queer that really got me :D

Reactions: VoR
Have they announced that it’s AS GOOD AS EUPHORIA!!11 again?

I think it’s brave of OLD LES to take the title of a modern day classic, not that I don’t have HIGH HOPES. :eyes:

Reactions: COB
Some of the lyrics have been revealed :o

Why’d you have to go and make maps so complicated?
I see the way you’re acting like an ordnance survey gets me frustrated
Maps like this, you
There’s a church and a pub and a lake
And a youth hostel there at G6:B5

No news yet on who her influences are this year.

Maps like this, you

Rhyming Lake with B5 is STATEMENTS level brilliance :disco:

A certain famously queer theatrical troupe haven't tweeted about being involved this time, so maybe they're not

That Euphoria comparison furore might have scared them off

A certain famously queer theatrical troupe haven't tweeted about being involved this time, so maybe they're not

That Euphoria comparison furore might have scared them off
Sadly a friend of mine saw the performance concept and had no idea what any of them were thinking about - he loved everything else they'd done but thought they'd gone completely off the boil for what they put together last year.

Reactions: dUb
Sadly a friend of mine saw the performance concept and had no idea what any of them were thinking about - he loved everything else they'd done but thought they'd gone completely off the boil for what they put together last year.
Ooh really! They are very well-regarded here... got any HOT DEETS for what they had planned? :side-eye:

Alas no, we were in the middle of mincing over Enya and Dotter :(

I'll see what I can GET once Maps is out

Reactions: dUb

Maps like this, you

I heard this snippet too, from some - how should I put it - queer sources.

There’s the M4
It runs west to Wales
Can I make it any more obvious?

Ironically, the shots she's been sharing from the video shoot over the past week, actually don't seem too dissimilar to the look of the 'Euphoria' music video. Maybe the queer theatre group directed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom