Ireland 2021: Lesley Roy - Maps

I literally cannot with people saying the performance concept was not an issue :D

But yes, I'm glad it exists. It's certainly an oddity I will be privately returning to for all the wrong reasons :eyes:
Listen, my (6 gay) French jury loved the concept. I'll admit, it was the concept that had a hand in producing those nox.

Can't wait for you to randomly bump this thread in 7 years :disco:

@Ag the ORIGINAL PICTURE IS GONE DID YOU SAVE IT
D5DE4F4C-6EE1-441E-BC12-27C8BDBE10D7.jpeg

You can only mean this?

I still very much have a soft spot for ‘22’. It bounces along nicely.

I didn't realise we didn't qualify. :(

Still bitter after Together didn't win in 2018.

I loved the concept, it just felt a bit shoddy as if it was thrown together in 30 minutes. The running through flip book section was unintentionally hilarious. Felt bad for her at the end when she broke down. Next year just send Jedward, enough the has passed and it's not like they've had much success in the competition since!

What was that queer boyband who everyone thought was going to enter in 2020 before our Les was announced?

They were quite good. Sign them up for next year please.

Anyway I feel I must say my piece as a two time Lesley STAN.

this will definitely be faint praise but I thought her vocal was the best I’d heard from her, doing a cardio workout at the same time can’t have helped.

the concépt was ambitious, I liked it a lot, but a splash of colour would’ve been nice, at least some shading on those flip books that didn’t seem like they were changing.

for me the biggest dud was when she escaped the fantasy world and we got to see behind the scenes and the background was just red, it felt like all that pace was lost.

her attitude in interviews was so sweet and grateful and I love her

Just thinking what should’ve been on the screen, after the paper forest segment, the real world should’ve been some of that Irish forest we had in the video, and some sort of peaceful destination at the end like the sea or a sunrise or something

On the topic - @Kratz, get yourself a new avatar/tagline combo! It's been 84 years!
Val is as essential as ever despite crafty Senhit’s attempt to steal her crown as Queen of Sammarinese Eurovision (but good point).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom