Ireland 2021: Lesley Roy - Maps

I know re-entering this topic is a DANGER, but I honestly think this gets WORSE the more I’ve watched it :D

I’m so happy the Irish delegation were willing to invest in the perf, but WHY!
Omg it’s the opposite for me, I’ve become more obsessed with this (studio version bien sûr :eyes: ) ever since the semi fiasco :basil:

1AB99019-9BF3-4C85-800C-8AAD3589378B.jpeg

The ousted theatre group have tweeted about Ireland and Eurovision, I’m sure any shade you might spot is purely accidental

The ousted theatre group have tweeted about Ireland and Eurovision, I’m sure any shade you might spot is purely accidental

"Engage with the public!" is becoming such a wearying refrain for how to turn a country's fortunes around, as if a non-established national final/open selection has been responsible for any high-profile turnarounds for any countries in the last decade.

More often than not it's been a road to failure, if anything - internal selections by people who know what they're doing are how the Netherlands, Belgium and Switzerland have turned it around lately. Every winner going back to 2012 has come from either internal selection or a well-established national final.

"Engage with the public!" is becoming such a wearying refrain for how to turn a country's fortunes around, as if a non-established national final/open selection has been responsible for any high-profile turnarounds for any countries in the last decade.

More often than not it's been a road to failure, if anything - internal selections by people who know what they're doing are how the Netherlands, Belgium and Switzerland have turned it around lately. Every winner going back to 2012 has come from either internal selection or a well-established national final.
Though, of course, those well established national finals had to start somewhere

It’s a shame there aren’t more Stefan Raabs, he turned around Germany pretty fast (for a while anyway)

It’s a shame there aren’t more Stefan Raabs, he turned around Germany pretty fast (for a while anyway)
I'm astonished in retrospect that the Germans ditched the Unser Star für... format - it gave them three top tens in a row and they COLLAPSED the second they abandoned it!

I mean obviously it was ENTIRELY WORTH IT for the nutritious delights of CASCADA - GLORIOUS (:disco: :disco: :disco:) but you'd THINK they'd have scurried back tail between their legs to it the second it went wrong!

I'm astonished in retrospect that the Germans ditched the Unser Star für... format - it gave them three top tens in a row and they COLLAPSED the second they abandoned it!
I think he had lost interest or it got too much for him in the end - he had a few shows on the go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom