Isolation Problems

I’m in work so it’s business as usual for me. I’m a bit of a hermit so I really wouldn’t mind being in lockdown, I’ve got a shitload of PS4 games and some online courses I was looking forward to until the bastards told us we’d still be in full time.

Day 10 and no arguments with my bf at all

It helps that we both have a lot of work so basically sit on calls with headphones on all day

I'm coping pretty ok with the isolation. Mr K is still at work at the moment in the hotel, it is closing down at the weekend until the end of April, but he is one of three staff members staying on to deal with hotel business. I'm still signed off work for the moment, so will see what happens there.

I'm coping fine socially though, 90% of my close friends all live away from me so I am used to most of my interactions being online. We have all been making a bigger effort to chat to each other with group chats, videos etc, someone also mentioned an app called HouseParty which I have heard is good?

I only really have one close friend now who lives in my hometown, so these days I don't do much actual physical meeting up with friends unless we are on holiday together. Most of my time has been spent sleeping, playing some Retro Games on Open Emu, a program which lets me play old games like Megadrive, Super Nintendo or Arcade, or studying (I'm back Studying Swedish at the moment as my Italian course ended, and I'm thinking of restarting French or German again) - I was hoping to read but I've not really got round to it yet, and I have hardly watched any TV, but that's nothing new really.

I've realised I am quite happy in my own company most of the time!

someone also mentioned an app called HouseParty which I have heard is good?
I've been using that this past week, I still don't understand it much but someone else did all the settings. We were up to 8 persons (apologising) on screen at the same time, it's alright but a bit chaotic if you all talk at the same time.

I'm drinking a lot of wine on House Party tomorrow evening. Delayed from tonight alas.

Currently at one bottle of wine a night, on average :)

tenor.gif

What's the problem with wanking? Doing it too much? Or not being able to around partners?

I wouldn't think twice about whacking one out with the OH next to me and vice versa, it happens ALL the time :D I think we agreed early on it was normal and acceptable thank fuck.

Had a long multi FaceTime session with two of my besties yesterday for the first time as it was a birthday for one of them. Deciding to do this regularly now as it certainly helped lift the spirits.

What's the problem with wanking? Doing it too much? Or not being able to around partners?

I wouldn't think twice about whacking one out with the OH next to me and vice versa, it happens ALL the time :D I think we agreed early on it was normal and acceptable thank fuck.

I don't think Ms Ron would mind/be surprised its more my child that's the issue.

initially I didn't want to stay down here in the countryside for too long, but now Mr M wants to go back to the city tomorrow and I see no reason to whatsoever. nothing to do, small apartment with both working from home, going for a walk or shopping would include feeling completely alienated or sceptical towards others. WHAT'S THE POINT, LUV?

the only plus would be seeing my beloved Playstation again

I'm fine with isolation - so far been to an online convention (with over 4000 attendees and the bonus of not being able to smell anyone!) and been to a pub in VR (while drinking IRL at home) several times. Plenty of Animal Crossing to be getting on with too. What worries me is things like "will I still have a job after all this is over or will they find after so many weeks/months furloughed they can do without me just fine" and the constant worry of bringing the virus home if I do have to go out.

I must say me and Mr Ag have been adjusting to isolation life. We've been making space for one another and even let me get pissed with my mates online on Friday evening.

He's proper struggling. I think he'll get there though. The real issue is that this shit is ONGOING.

I'm fine with isolation - so far been to an online convention (with over 4000 attendees and the bonus of not being able to smell anyone!) and been to a pub in VR (while drinking IRL at home) several times. Plenty of Animal Crossing to be getting on with too. What worries me is things like "will I still have a job after all this is over or will they find after so many weeks/months furloughed they can do without me just fine" and the constant worry of bringing the virus home if I do have to go out.

I think almost everyone has job worries right now. From a detached perspective, I can't imagine my job role going, I have a diverse skillset and my area still has people on temp contacts who will surely be the first to go if there are cuts. But there are absolutely no certainties right now. Essentially, the entire structure of our day to day lives is in stasis. which is, if you'll excuse the phrase, weird as fuck.

Yeah it's weird to have everything on pause basically and wondering whether anything will be the same when it resumes. I work for a manufacturer of industrial electronics and part of it is a question of survival of the company at all - we were already struggling for orders (never really recovered from the economic downturn in 2008, and leadership generally boils down to "we're not selling hard enough, we need to pull our socks up and sell harder") and now as predicted every customer has things on hold because of the virus because everyone's workforces are decimated. Like I'm sure many manufacturers they've offered to make ventilators but not heard a peep back.

Work is one thing I'm thankfully not worried about - I think the pharmaceutical industry must be one of the safest places to be right now!

My work have actually responded so well during this crisis that I’m not worried about my job right now but this will surely have a huge impact on how much money they make, which means I think when the dust has settled the cuts will be accelerated and probably deeper than they were likely to be

Not an actual problem but me and my brother's relationship has been healing/ thawing of late. Nearly 70 days into his lockdown I'm hardly surprised. But I'm pleased anyway.

My energy levels are up and down. I've committed to daily walks which has helped a lot.

my isolation problem is my SLEEP! its such a fucking mess, i can't even

It's obvious but sticking to a routine really does help. I'm still going to bed at my normal time (between 9:30 and 10:00) and my alarm still goes off at 6, though generally I wake about half an hour earlier than that. It definitely helps keep things on the right track.

Having said that, the clock change has fucked me over a bit.

I just can't be fucked to do anything atm.

I have a bit of this. Mr Sheena decided last night to clean the kitchen- I can't be bothered to do anything outside of work time other than lounge about and exercise, which is at least something. I've got a million jobs I could be getting on with but MEH.

I've been put on that furloughing scheme, which is reassuring in that now I think the org I work for will actually EXIST after all this, but I'm going to go round the bend with no structure or human contact :(

It's obvious but sticking to a routine really does help. I'm still going to bed at my normal time (between 9:30 and 10:00) and my alarm still goes off at 6, though generally I wake about half an hour earlier than that. It definitely helps keep things on the right track.

Having said that, the clock change has fucked me over a bit.

i've been struggling a bit with insomnia this year. since all of this stuff began, the struggle feels more pronounced. i'm trying lots of things, including lots of relaxation, but i'll have a night where i fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow, cos i'm so exhausted from the previous nights, and then the next night, its back to lying there, awake.

Im sleeping terribly but that's not unusual for me.

how do you cope? have you tried anything for it? i keep thinking i should go back to my therapist, but then i feel like its a terrible time to seek out help and i'm not sure if she deals with anxiety-related insomnia

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom