Italy 2021: Måneskin - Zitti e buoni + Global Domination

Soldi

Super Moderator

It just doesn’t stop for them! They need to get a new album about before Eurovision next year, they’re gonna be HUGE.

Reactions: RJN

dUb

THIS CITY IS MINE
Why am I seeing chat on Twitter about them being managed by SIMON COWELL:Lundvik:

RJN

User
They’re charting on US Spotify too now(157 but still)
I think they’re going to blow up here as well. I’ll play it for my sister later for her exclusive opinion

Pingu

Noot noot
An acquaintance of mine very kindly put together a “ones to watch” playlist the day before Sanremo this year so I could get up to speed without sitting through it all.

I’ve just revisited it. About a dozen songs on there. This wasn’t one of them.

Kratz

Not easy to remember, and even harder to forget
Love this (and Scott Mills) for pointing out that potential fact. The rest of them at Radio 1 will need a lie down, a cool flannel, and a Drill playlist.

BBC Chart and Eurovision expert Scott Mills said there’s a chance Måneskin could be the first Eurovision winner to reach number one since Gina G.
As usual, talking out of his arse given Ed Sheeran just released his new single today which is going to storm straight to the top of the chart and likely stay there for weeks

RJN

User
Are they getting any radio airplay in UK? I guess little or none, right?
It doesn’t seem to be too 40 in the airplay chart. But the entire chart seems pretty disconnected from what’s actually popular (Diana Ross and Keith Urban are top 20?) so it isn’t a great indicator

dmlaw

Democracy doesn't work
It doesn’t seem to be too 40 in the airplay chart. But the entire chart seems pretty disconnected from what’s actually popular (Diana Ross and Keith Urban are top 20?) so it isn’t a great indicator
Our airplay charts are weighted based on the number of listeners that the station gets. Diana Ross and Keith Urban get played by Radio 2, which gets the most listeners, so they get higher positions than they would otherwise.

Reactions: RJN
It's possible that it's not actually been serviced to radio so it's not getting mass exposure. Apparently SLAVE has been played a couple of times on R1s night-time indie show

Alla

Beast in Black
#ManeskinComeToSpain is TT here now, how random. People are still obsessed with them.

Tisch

Pauline Quirke has passed away...
"Slave" is appearing on the latest Now compilation. Don't know how big they are these days but it being chosen is surely indicative of its success and reach outside of Eurovision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom