Italy 2022 - Mahmood & Blanco - Brividi

Is Brividi giving you chills?

• Total voters

win_the_game

Infidel dickpig
FAO @Soldi

italy-sanremo-2022.jpg

So RAI have already started the search for Måneskin's successors.

• Next year's slog fest is scheduled for 1st-5th February - the first four nights will run for 4 hours 30 mins and 5 hours for the final. :eyes:
  • We should have an audience. The Italian government will be allowing indoor events to take place at 75% capacity from later this month.
  • There will be a maximum of 24 songs.
  • They've scrapped the new artists category and instead 2 winners from Sanremo Giovani will be selected to join the main competition (the same format that gave us Mahmood)

The first rumoured names which will probably turn out to be rubbish.

Link to watch on Rai Play - https://www.raiplay.it/dirette/rai1

Last edited:
Let’s hope next year’s Sanremo/Italy thread ends up as successful as this year’s :)

According to some of the reputable music sites, Mahmood is rumoured to be in the mix in order to relaunch the last album after it flopped. :o

According to some of the reputable music sites, Mahmood is rumoured to be in the mix in order to relaunch the last album after it flopped. :o
Presumably not with an eye on Eurovision as he has tour dates in May, but as home entries go, that would be a pretty good one.

3 former Eurovision entrants are supposedly returning next year - Francesco Gabbani, Fabrizio Moro and more importantly, Emma. :disco:

ASFM entrant Achille Lauro also likely to be in contention.

YES to Achille Lauro once again :disco:

To be honest I don’t think I want Mahmood in the mix, unless as a writer. If he’s only doing it just for sales then I can’t imagine his heart will be in it much and as a result the quality of his music will probably be a bit shite.

the performance was a shambles and i lived. still play the studio version come eurovision season to this day.

Last edited:
Happy for the return of NOEMI also :disco:

Glicine version two plz

That really is quite the STAR STUDDED list

That's a very Moopy friendly list overall. Apart from the obvious ones, Ana Mena, Ditonellaripiaga e Rettore, Giusy, Michele Bravi should be favs round these parts.

And Iva Zanicchi from Eurovision 1969 too! :o

Ooh Elisa. I remember this one was all over Italian radio when I visited in 2007.

La Rappresentante di Lista were my favourites last year too, great to see them back!

Great list all in all :disco:

I honestly can't wait to see Giusy Ferreri BLUDGEON another song to DEATH on the Sanremo stage. :disco:

So Amadeus (the Italian Christer Bjorkman) is currently trying to get Jennifer Lopez (!) to perform at Sanremo as she'll be in Italy that week.

They're also planning to have a socially distanced audience this year.

Last year's revelation, Orietta Berti will be returning to host a special covers night live from some cruise ship they've hired.

LAPR1629.JPG

The press have been listening to the songs this afternoon. The first reviews are incoming.

It's a powerballad. The vocals are amazing. It has a great chorus and builds and builds until the end. Key lyric - "We are saints or whores and you don't want to stay here or run away"

Uptempo - described as a mix between funk/dance and retro-disco. Lyrically it's about the end of the world/disenchantment with the future. One of the best songs in the competition. Perfect for Eurovision.

A contemporary ballad and a potential winner.

Another ballad and potential winner. Described as one of the most intimate and beautiful songs in the competition. Likely WTG/Soldi fanwank material.

Latin-dance pop - similar to some of her recent songs. Perfect for the summer rather than Sanremo.

Best Sanremo moment since Elodie mixed Soldi and Crazy In Love :disco::disco::disco:

Stage also available in yellow. Looks kind of cheap once you realise those aren't LEDs on the circular things.

FJpv2vCXIAAp6n4

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom