It's A Sin (new Russell T Davies drama)

COB

honk
This is coming in January apparently, with a short teaser released recently:
Some more information here - I think it sounds quite Moopy-friendly but will also probably be quite a difficult watch given the subject matter.

lolly

Rowena? From Kuwait?
I think I'll opt out of this, although Mr L will watch it.

COB

honk
I do enjoy that this is RTD's follow-up to Years and Years, starring the frontman of Years & Years :D Do we know whether Olly Alexander can ACT?

Ag

#fuckingcorners
Stephen Fry, Keeley Hawes and Neil Patrick Harris. Well colour me curious.

His work all has a certain tone which I don't always enjoy, but he knows how to draw me in. I never watched the fruit based gay shows.

Gangsta Nancy Lam

Slut's Spaghetti
I didn't like Cucumber, the last show he did about The Gays. It was a bit LEERY and gross. The main character thirsting over his nephew :zombie:

I do like RTD though, so I'll probably give this a watch.

Last edited:

COB

honk
Cucumber was definitely a bit hit and miss (and yes, quite ICKY at times) but that one episode about the main guy's ex was a bit of a devastating masterpiece for me. More of that please Russ!

Phoenix

I am not a liar ;)
Is he the less successful British version of Ryan Murphy?

FetchFugly

closing in again
I'm fully expecting it to be quite ropey but I will watch it all anyway.

Jark

we did it for fun, we did it for free
oh good, another drama the gays facing extinction in the 80s while discovering clubbing. between AIDS and the well-worn topic of being unable to come out due to self-loathing and toxic masculinity, it's reassuring to know that TV and movie writers have all bases of homosexuality covered.

FetchFugly

closing in again
The trailer for this feels like it is on Channel 4 every ad break. I do wonder what their expectations are, I would have thought GAY AIDS DRAMA still has a limited audience.

PercyPig

The Last of Us
It’s not like it’s a must watch these days to get your wank bank stocked up

Gangsta Nancy Lam

Slut's Spaghetti
The trailer for this feels like it is on Channel 4 every ad break. I do wonder what their expectations are, I would have thought GAY AIDS DRAMA still has a limited audience.

They really spammed the ads for (the dreadful) Cucumber when that came out too.

Lucille

The President of ASS
I mean I wouldn’t be in the mood for another GAY AIDS DRAMA at the best of time, but in the middle of a PANDEMIC, a show where I presume everyone is GOING OUT HAVING LOTS OF SEX AND FUN, then DYING HORRIBLY in large numbers are two things I’m just NOT INTO RIGHT NOW.

Tisch

...SUGAR!
Is it actually going to be a GOOD GAY DRAMA or that awful picture of gay people that STRAIGHT AUDIENCES like? I.e. going out clubbing all the time, speaking in soundbites and catching AIDS?

lolly

Rowena? From Kuwait?
I just think I've seen it all before. And I've watched enough Russell T Davies to think that I suspect he's not going to have a particularly interesting new approach to such well worn material.

And then factor in Lucille's point about the timing of it and it really holds very little appeal, even if it is quite well done.

Will

User
All of the early reviews have been overwhelmingly positive. I'm definitely looking forward to it.

I'm also anticipating it to have the added appeal of a great soundtrack while you watch it - like we had with Pose and ACS: Gianni Versace.

lolly

Rowena? From Kuwait?
Yeah, I've only seen good reviews so far. Still not tempted, though.

Kate

she's for the streets BITCH
Mr Kate is happy to watch this with me because he's hoping for an excellent 80s soundtrack. Watch this space to see if he feels the same after an episode.

lolly

Rowena? From Kuwait?
I know 4 have been pushing this since before Christmas, but they have been going in hard this last week. Clearly they have high hopes for it.

And this is out today. I don't need it.

Jark

we did it for fun, we did it for free
what a miserable soundtrack offering :D

Ag

#fuckingcorners
I enjoy a lot of Years and Years music, but a piano version of It's A Sin, which in it’s original form is a disco masterpiece is just not it.

jivafox

soberish
I liked it!

Now watching Episode 2 on All4. :D

Wish I didn’t have work tomorrow otherwise I’d probably binge the whole lot tonight.

Beryl

Boy stop, step awaaaaay.
It was wonderful, can tell it’s going to be absolutely harrowing but it’s fantastic and made me yearn for a night out!

Stopping at the one episode, for now.

Beverley

I Don't Wanna Change A THI-ING
I thought it was a great first episode. But felt some of the hospital scenes cut close given what we're all experiencing now.

FetchFugly

closing in again
I thought it was a very good first episode. Olly was fine for the most part, though there were a couple of moments that felt a bit clunky. Robogirl was a fucking horror in Years & Years but I loved her as Jill in this.

That flat looked huge in the party scenes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom