It's A Sin (new Russell T Davies drama)

I liked it enough to decide to watch more tomorrow. The where will you be in five years part felt very ominous and foreboding of what’s to come I guess. The rimming scene kind of grossed me out but I did like the musical throwbacks. It made me want to go to an outdated gay bar.

Last edited:
The rimming scene was hilarious. I particularly like the scene where he was walking through the bar, politely/awkwardly acknowledging all his past conquests. Too real.

Hopefully it will find a strong audience on catch up, because 1.9m sounds underwhelming to me. Although this is below the headline:

Its 12.2% share of 16-34s means it becomes Channel 4's biggest drama launch in 3 years.

Don't do it to yourself!

bethenny-frankel-and-fellow-housewives-crying.gif

We’ve done the first two and the end of episode 2 was so :cry::cry::cry: we had to go and watch some shite instead for a bit.

1.9m ouch. It’s been pushed so hard I can’t see that being cause for celebration

Well, I just binged three episodes and was crying by the end of it. And I have typically disliked RTD's stuff in the past.

As for it not finding an audience, we been knew that white cis straights are trash and have no taste, and only care about an epidemic when it affects them.

I binged 3 episodes and was a mess by the end of it and I DO NOT CRY.
I would have thought they’d be happy with 1.9 live. This is surely more of a streaming binge-it type show.

I binged 3 episodes and was a mess by the end of it and I DO NOT CRY.
I would have thought they’d be happy with 1.9 live. This is surely more of a streaming binge-it type show.

I mean they put it on Friday night, all the gays will be out... oh.

I didn't expect big numbers either for a programme like this, however much Channel 4 pushed it. It was amusing being told by Krishnan Guru-Murthy to watch it at the end of Friday night's news.

I've got a couple of things on the go on Netflix but I think I might have a BINGE OF SIN this afternoon.

I totally missed this. Will download it now, and watch later. I’m not really good with sad things though, and end up on the verge of a breakdown. It really touches my heart, so not a good idea?

1.9m on channel 4 on a Friday in this day and age is pretty impressive.

As an overnight figure it isn't particularly. It all depends how it performs on catch up and streaming, and I suspect it will do rather well there, given that it still seems to be all over social media and I've yet to see a bad thing about it.

I often wonder how the ratings work. If someone records something on a DVR, does it register? What if you record something and just delete it without watching it?

I often wonder how the ratings work. If someone records something on a DVR, does it register? What if you record something and just delete it without watching it?

I'm not sure, but the Q&A on the BARB website states

Consolidated data incorporates playback of time-shifted content within 7 days of the original broadcast.

To me that implies it isn't counted with live viewing (as you'd expect) and is only counted when it is watched?

And there's this as well

non-live viewing from PVRs like Sky+ and other recording devices such as DVDRs are measured and included in the viewing figures as timeshift viewing. If a programme has been viewed on the same day as the original broadcast the viewing will be included in the overnight files as VOSDAL data. Otherwise, if it has been viewed in the 7 days after the original broadcast it will be included in the consolidated data.

Watched it all this afternoon. :(:(:(

I have a lot of thoughts but primarily...

Fuck Keeley Hawes

We watched it all this afternoon/ evening. Fuck me, it's going to stay with me for a long time. So much got to me. I wanted to help. I wanted to be the person holding their hands. I wanted to be the person going into Keeley Hawes' house and punching her in the face. SO. MUCH. EMPATHY. And then the selfish part of me puts myself in that situation. And realises that I missed that era by a very short time really. Could have so easily been me. Then feel guilty because it AIN'T ABOUT ME. For a change, anyway. :D

Do not get me started on Colin. I watched the first episode and thought "Oh, generic Queer as Folk drama, with the AIDS coming soon" and by Episode 3 I was just in floods of tears. He broke my heart. Yes, he was the one I wanted to have it away with most, but that was so, so upsetting. I think the bit that got me most was the previously rotten Dad telling Richie he was going to save him. I thought that was beautifully done.

I don't REALLY know Years and Years. I mean, I know who they are but Olly Alexander doesn't cross my radar enough to be annoyed by him, as some in this thread clearly are. Anyway, he was excellent. As was pretty much the entire cast. Especially Jill. Who, as you've already said, was fucking TERRIBLE in Years and Years the TV show. She was really good in this. But oh Colin. My, poor, broken heart.

Was expecting a lot more clubbing and 80s music- fuck me, I thought like Pose I might even pick up a new track or two for my 80s gym playlist, but nothing new. Nice to see Sylvester's Do You Wanna Funk? get an airing, though.

Final aside- I enjoyed Tracy Ann Oberman's scenery chewing cameos a lot, despite her being a Corbyn hating bitch. That wig was the star of the show. :D

Anyway. Excellent. 10/10. Poor Colin :(

Mr L loved it and said I was being a twat for not watching it.

I finished the final two episodes, and I didn’t enjoy them half as much. I wasn’t invested in Ritchie as he wasn’t particularly likeable and I didn’t find the end all that emotional. Not in the same way as episode 3.
Still, great show.

Oh and I actually SHOCK OUT LOUD GASPED when KEELEY made her matter of fact reveal on the Isle of Wight seafront. I didn't see that coming like that AT ALL.

Of course, Mr L always says it's luck rather than judgement that he's alive, being older than me and a massive fucking slag in the 80s. I'm closer to @Sheena in terms of when I was out there. Don't Die Of Ignorance truly fucked me up.

I finished the final two episodes, and I didn’t enjoy them half as much. I wasn’t invested in Ritchie as he’s wasn’t particularly likeable and I didn’t find the end all that emotional. Not in the same way as episode 3.
Still, great show.

I agree Richie wasn't likeable and I agree Episode 3 was the most heartbreaking for that reason, but it was excellent in a very different way for me. The focus was less on him and more on the parents and friends, which I think was an interesting choice.

I agree that the musical choices were limited and quite obvious. It was no Pose in that respect but there weren't all that many club and party scenes I suppose.

Olly was excellent as the series went on, but all the core cast was excellent really.

I agree that the musical choices were limited and quite obvious. It was no Pose in that respect but there weren't all that many club and party scenes I suppose.

Olly was excellent as the series went on, but all the core cast was excellent really.

Agreed. The only person who I thought wasn't much cop was the Asian lawyer they roped in. TERRIBLE.

I mean, I know they tried to make him look boring and dull in that way they put a superhero in glasses, but fuck me, you would...

OXxVD7viXBIigqL4BD3MNmdDtJSBsAfll13plXyx.jpeg

It took some suspension of disbelief to accept the implication that, with all the time he spent in that group, mixing with so many people, the only action he got was those furtive Thursday fumbles.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom