It's A Sin (new Russell T Davies drama)

COB

The ⭐ 👹
This is coming in January apparently, with a short teaser released recently:

Some more information here - I think it sounds quite Moopy-friendly but will also probably be quite a difficult watch given the subject matter.

I think I'll opt out of this, although Mr L will watch it.

Stephen Fry, Keeley Hawes and Neil Patrick Harris. Well colour me curious.

His work all has a certain tone which I don't always enjoy, but he knows how to draw me in. I never watched the fruit based gay shows.

I didn't like Cucumber, the last show he did about The Gays. It was a bit LEERY and gross. The main character thirsting over his nephew :zombie:

I do like RTD though, so I'll probably give this a watch.

Last edited:
Cucumber was definitely a bit hit and miss (and yes, quite ICKY at times) but that one episode about the main guy's ex was a bit of a devastating masterpiece for me. More of that please Russ!

Cucumber was totally written with one hand only, if you CATCH my DRIFT. Having MET the man I'd say FUNNY but LEERY describes him to a TEE.

Is he the less successful British version of Ryan Murphy?

I can’t help but think this’ll be CLICHED, PREDICTABLE, and TERRIBLE.

oh good, another drama the gays facing extinction in the 80s while discovering clubbing. between AIDS and the well-worn topic of being unable to come out due to self-loathing and toxic masculinity, it's reassuring to know that TV and movie writers have all bases of homosexuality covered.

The trailer for this feels like it is on Channel 4 every ad break. I do wonder what their expectations are, I would have thought GAY AIDS DRAMA still has a limited audience.

It’s not like it’s a must watch these days to get your wank bank stocked up

The trailer for this feels like it is on Channel 4 every ad break. I do wonder what their expectations are, I would have thought GAY AIDS DRAMA still has a limited audience.

They really spammed the ads for (the dreadful) Cucumber when that came out too.

I mean I wouldn’t be in the mood for another GAY AIDS DRAMA at the best of time, but in the middle of a PANDEMIC, a show where I presume everyone is GOING OUT HAVING LOTS OF SEX AND FUN, then DYING HORRIBLY in large numbers are two things I’m just NOT INTO RIGHT NOW.

Is it actually going to be a GOOD GAY DRAMA or that awful picture of gay people that STRAIGHT AUDIENCES like? I.e. going out clubbing all the time, speaking in soundbites and catching AIDS?

I just think I've seen it all before. And I've watched enough Russell T Davies to think that I suspect he's not going to have a particularly interesting new approach to such well worn material.

And then factor in Lucille's point about the timing of it and it really holds very little appeal, even if it is quite well done.

All of the early reviews have been overwhelmingly positive. I'm definitely looking forward to it.

I'm also anticipating it to have the added appeal of a great soundtrack while you watch it - like we had with Pose and ACS: Gianni Versace.

Yeah, I've only seen good reviews so far. Still not tempted, though.

Mr Kate is happy to watch this with me because he's hoping for an excellent 80s soundtrack. Watch this space to see if he feels the same after an episode.

I know 4 have been pushing this since before Christmas, but they have been going in hard this last week. Clearly they have high hopes for it.

And this is out today. I don't need it.

Olly Alexander really does get on my TITS but I may give this a watch this evening.

I enjoy a lot of Years and Years music, but a piano version of It's A Sin, which in it’s original form is a disco masterpiece is just not it.

I liked it!

Now watching Episode 2 on All4. :D

Wish I didn’t have work tomorrow otherwise I’d probably binge the whole lot tonight.

It was wonderful, can tell it’s going to be absolutely harrowing but it’s fantastic and made me yearn for a night out!

Stopping at the one episode, for now.

I thought it was a very good first episode. Olly was fine for the most part, though there were a couple of moments that felt a bit clunky. Robogirl was a fucking horror in Years & Years but I loved her as Jill in this.

That flat looked huge in the party scenes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom