I've listened to 'American Life' three times already today

full+look+4.jpg

THIS

WORLD

IS

NOT

SO

KIND

I've got the windows open and I'm blasting that iconically perfect middle 5 song run :disco:

Jesus Christ will you look at me
Don't know who I'm supposed to be
Don't really know if I should give a damn
When you're around

I don't know who I am

GDvx3tBT.jpg

The fact that she performed most of the American Life album on her most subversive side-show (TOAC) ever. Ugh the queenness jumped out to be quite frank.

Serving us McDonalds server hairnet chic paired with Stella McCartney fashun and transcending into a love song for her fanzzzzzzz (while recycling the 'Secret' video backdrop from the previous tour). Ugh one has no choice but to stan

I’ve never understood why people disliked X-Static Process, I always thought it was one of the best. I’m So Stupid is also rather nice.

It’s been said a thousand times but sonically this album is wonderful. I love how raw and ”naked” it is. It’s melancholic and bittersweet and perfectly captured my depressing early 20’s era.

The problem lies in the stupid lyrics.

The image wasn’t very appealing either. Madonna as Che was such a stupid move. She should have came out as a full blown Kabballa loon instead, think Esther at the Kibbutz.

I always forget just how powerful the last minute of that video is, and how it so bitingly satirises the disgusting post 9/11 war-hungry US media climate. I miss this Queen being iconic and provocative.

I had this interview taped (including the original video, which they played despite it already being withdrawn) and when I tell you I wore out that VHS. My 12-year-old self was getting his life and the thought that I was seeing something "banned" just made it all the more EXCITING

I had stanned Madonna since 99-ish and have obviously stanned since but this was the peak of my obsession

It's 7:52am and I'm blasting this albam

'Cos I used to live
In a fuzzy dream
And I wanted to be
Like all the pretty people

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

giphy.gif

But why should I care???
What the world thinks of me????
Won't let a stranger!!!
Give me a social disease!!!

-
me to the birds outside my window

It's been 5 years and I still cannot fathom that I was front row at Tears Of A Clown and saw her perform songs like X-Static Process, Intervention and Easy Ride

What kind of stan fiction come to life was that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom