J. K. Rowling and other TERFs

WOKE TRANS AGENDA etc etc!

I mean it does make me grind my teeth a bit that he's going round wrecking everything while mum just SITS THERE, but that's because I'm childphobic not transphobic

Just a +1 to say the Shon Faye book really is essential reading and so articulate.

I have several trans friends, and have spoken with them about gender at length so I consider myself relatively well informed as an ally, but I STILL learnt so much from the book. I think it's really important.

Also I see from Twitter that Prof Robert Winston is the TERFs' new hero after saying "you can't change your sex" on Question Time last night :DAF:

I'm not sure quite what the fuss is, but if it's pissing off Judith in the Telegraph, John Lewis can look forward to my Christmas shopping/empty shelf browsing in a few weeks.

Judith from the Telegraph said "you're not allowed to comment without being labelled transphobic" and then went on to say something transphobic but I couldn't read it because paywall and no thank you
I HATE when people say “you can’t say anything anymore”. Like yes you can, people are just more likely to notice if you’re being hateful

Judith from the Telegraph said "you're not allowed to comment without being labelled transphobic" and then went on to say something transphobic but I couldn't read it because paywall and no thank you

Yes I’m hoping the article loses any possible impact since no one can actually read it.

I did see the line “What in the name of millennials was John Lewis thinking?” which makes me think it’s just a boomer whinging on about HOW THINGS ARE CHANGING AND I DON’T UNDERSTAND!!!

I had completely forgotten this but I've just seen it pointed out that it is literally a reworking of this ad from 2015!

Which totally exposes the bigots pretending that their problem with it is the fact that it's a boy trashing things while the sister is behaving herself. :)

The WONDERFUL Hannah's not trans is she? What has he said about her? I'M CONFUSED

I believe he used her as an example of Netflix giving voice to LGBTQ+ comedians

I had completely forgotten this but I've just seen it pointed out that it is literally a reworking of this ad from 2015!

Which totally exposes the bigots pretending that their problem with it is the fact that it's a boy trashing things while the sister is behaving herself. :)

I did NOT know this!

Just a +1 to say the Shon Faye book really is essential reading and so articulate.

I have several trans friends, and have spoken with them about gender at length so I consider myself relatively well informed as an ally, but I STILL learnt so much from the book. I think it's really important.

I have trans friends and actually had one friend for years before all this terfy nonsense, who lived since 16 as a woman and even without the full operation never even once did we consider her anything but a woman… and yet I still feel wholly uninformed on much of it. It’s obviously not as simple as toilets and tennis.

At least I’m aware of it though. That’s half the problem with people. “I’M NOT TRANSPHOBIC BUT…”

They're saying the employee leaked metric data but still not a great look for them

I just read several comments under a New York Time's article about the Netflix response to this Chappelle controversy and it's depressing how many of them are strongly in favour of "free speech" and anti-"thought crime" when it cones to a TERF-endorsing comedy special. a little selection...

This is about a certain type of tyranny, isn't it? And a really big, some would say would say wildly disproportionate, media bias that makes it possible. Dave's show is number three on Netflix. Demands --and make no mistake, these are demands, and this, not Dave Chapelle's stance, is unabashed bullying -- that the vast ocean of human beings who are not trans nevertheless buckle under and obey speech and pronoun directives is a sign of decay. Dave's point wasn't mean, it was a statement of fact. He is a very funny man who chose not to stay silent, and good for him. Frankly,bit looks like Dave us the one who should feel unsafe.
Men who identify as women are just that. They are not women. It has become a thought crime to state this.
Some leftists fail to see that forcing your ideology on others is not a progressive take but a fascist one. We would all do better if we let each other be until actual harm was done. Criticism is not harm. Censorship in a liberal democracy is. We all have a right to hear what Dave has to say.
Well first I have enjoyed Chapelle in the past but I just didn’t think this special was very funny. Second, as the mom of a non-binary teen I thought the jokes were mean spirited and he came across as a bully—I.e, laughing at rather than with.
I do not think for one minute that Dave Chappelle has one ounce of hate in his heart for anyone. And for the media to be swelling around like a bunch of sharks smelling blood in the water is really beneath contempt.
A good rule of thumb is: always ask yourself why this is the hill you're choosing to die on. People (e.g., trans people) are dealing with injustice, inequality, and PHYSICAL VIOLENCE. Ask yourself why the flag you're choosing to rally under is the "people being accused of bigotry is the biggest problem of our times."

I guess there is nothing more powerfully scary to the average American than the fear of "losing our freedom of speech"!!1!

I just read several comments under a New York Time's article about the Netflix response to this Chappelle controversy and it's depressing how many of them are strongly in favour of "free speech" and anti-"thought crime" when it cones to a TERF-endorsing comedy special. a little selection...

This is about a certain type of tyranny, isn't it? And a really big, some would say would say wildly disproportionate, media bias that makes it possible. Dave's show is number three on Netflix. Demands --and make no mistake, these are demands, and this, not Dave Chapelle's stance, is unabashed bullying -- that the vast ocean of human beings who are not trans nevertheless buckle under and obey speech and pronoun directives is a sign of decay. Dave's point wasn't mean, it was a statement of fact. He is a very funny man who chose not to stay silent, and good for him. Frankly,bit looks like Dave us the one who should feel unsafe.
Men who identify as women are just that. They are not women. It has become a thought crime to state this.
Some leftists fail to see that forcing your ideology on others is not a progressive take but a fascist one. We would all do better if we let each other be until actual harm was done. Criticism is not harm. Censorship in a liberal democracy is. We all have a right to hear what Dave has to say.
Well first I have enjoyed Chapelle in the past but I just didn’t think this special was very funny. Second, as the mom of a non-binary teen I thought the jokes were mean spirited and he came across as a bully—I.e, laughing at rather than with.
I do not think for one minute that Dave Chappelle has one ounce of hate in his heart for anyone. And for the media to be swelling around like a bunch of sharks smelling blood in the water is really beneath contempt.
A good rule of thumb is: always ask yourself why this is the hill you're choosing to die on. People (e.g., trans people) are dealing with injustice, inequality, and PHYSICAL VIOLENCE. Ask yourself why the flag you're choosing to rally under is the "people being accused of bigotry is the biggest problem of our times."

I guess there is nothing more powerfully scary to the average American than the fear of "losing our freedom of speech"!!1!

Omg I read this as it was one person :D no wonder it seemed a little inconsistent

:D OMG Kate ... what a find! I tweeted the other day that the response to the ad would be considerably more muted if the child was gender conforming and it is very rare that you literally have concrete evidence that that is the case.

Some of the reaction to the 2021 ad has been pure brainworms:

Last edited:
Johnson has just offered his support for the LGB Alliance and their conference this year :zombie:

1634822128388.png

That looks like a very standard letter and probably means less than it looks at first sight.

But it will be paraded around as proof that the Government supports their transphobia, especially given how cheesed off Johnson and Co are with those bloody lefties Stonewall.

I doubt they even know the significance of what the LGB Alliance is. we know Boris can't read.

That looks like a very standard letter and probably means less than it looks at first sight.

But it will be paraded around as proof that the Government supports their transphobia, especially given how cheesed off Johnson and Co are with those bloody lefties Stonewall.
They still had the choice of ignoring the invite or declining in more neutral language. They would definitely have googled "LGB Alliance" before writing this response so someone (and unlikely this made it up to Johnson himself, to be fair) still thought it was fine to issue this after seeing what they were and the controversy they cause. I would take it as indicative of the Government supporting transphobia.

But this is all fine because Corbyn was allegedly anti-Semitic so as long as people pretended to care about that it justified their decision to vote for a PM who’s very openly transphobic, homophobic, racist, Islamophobic, elitist, misogynist and thick as fuck.

Reactions: COB
"...along with trans women who are concerned about the issue too."

they're probably a whole lot MORE concerned about being villainised by a beloved and trusted public institution with considerable sway and influence. fuck right off.

Awful and so dangerous. Just the headline puts an image into people's heads. How is it that people who spread anti-trans propaganda are seen as righteous...

#2 most read topic on BBC News as well :gross:

The BBC are now on a part with The Fail and The (S*nday) T*mes. No collaboration, no funding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom