J. K. Rowling and other TERFs

I know this doesn't really fit in here, but we've mentioned John Cleese and his terfy, misogynistic ways before I'm sure. Well I've just been fairly taken aback by this tweet where he calmly suggests he wishes his wife was ASSASSINATED, but then is actually happy that she remains "bitter" about their divorce. What a LOVELY man.

I don't really get it if it's "just a joke"! It reads horribly.

fK7unhf.jpg

Oh the divorces definitely drove him a bit mad - should've stuck with Connie Booth, John love :(

Cleese being an utter cunt was a bit of a surprise. We always knew he was a bit of a cunt but I guess age, bitterness and the death of the LibDems have made him go Full Dickhead.

The Pythons appears to be dying in the wrong order.

Just looked at his twitter. He's on it non-stop, isn't he?

Eric Idle might be a grumpy bugger but at least he largely keeps to himself. Gilliam's as big a tit as Cleese.

It's unfortunate that we would even have to wonder. Being a bigot should not be the norm (I'm sure someone has already said this, but I think it every time)

It's unfortunate that we would even have to wonder. Being a bigot should not be the norm (I'm sure someone has already said this, but I think it every time)
Yeah I worry about all our female icons, especially the ones likely to veer towards feminism.

Is TERFdom a US problem as well?

I didn’t think that La Colman would be a problem on this front I have to say. Doesn’t look sufficiently PINCHED

Yeah I worry about all our female icons, especially the ones likely to veer towards feminism.

Is TERFdom a US problem as well?

I mean a good 40% of Americans are racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic bigots.

But it doesn't seem to be a problem among liberals like it does in the UK

Well thank god Jameela Jamil is not a turf

I read something ages ago about why the UK went all TERF in a way the US didn't - I wish I could find it again. It was mainly related to how the US feminist movement became more intersectional due to factors like allying with the black civil rights movement and LGBT rights in a way that never happened over here, so it's got a stronger sense of solidarity for other marginalised groups.

I read something ages ago about why the UK went all TERF in a way the US didn't - I wish I could find it again. It was mainly related to how the US feminist movement became more intersectional due to factors like allying with the black civil rights movement and LGBT rights in a way that never happened over here, so it's got a stronger sense of solidarity for other marginalised groups.

I would love to read this if you find it

Most black Americans didn't support gay marriage until Obama did publicly, so sometimes a leader can affect views on things. Unfortunately this could be opposite happening with JK Rowling

I always find it really odd when minorities don't support other minorities. But then are terrible people on both sides.

Quite. I give you RACIST GAYS

Feel free to mark ‘em up and sell ‘em on or, even better, THROW ‘EM ON THE FIRE
There was a long deleted gay on my FB who I recently noted had a pro Trump profile picture. He's British.

28% of LGBT Americans voted for Trump! (according to notoriously inaccurate early exit polls)

BAFFLING

I see Eddie Izzard requesting the use of she and her has kicked things off today.

As if she hasn’t been on this path for literally DECADES at this point.

Well that's ONE of the reasons I was WTF?

The main other one being people who seem to believe they have some sense of OWNERSHIP of how she chooses to be addressed and claiming to be LET DOWN by her.

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?

There have been people I work with who hold Eddie Izzard up as 'one of the good ones' because "well he likes to cross dress but you can still call him he", just wilfully ignorant of anything she's said over the past DECADE PLUS and half remembering some interviews from the mid Nineties :goodgrief:

I see Eddie Izzard requesting the use of she and her has kicked things off today.

They find something to kick off about every day, it just fell in their lap for once. Remember Linehan tweeting transphobic horseshit on Xmas Day last year? Normal behaviour for this lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom