• Cornelia Jakobs - Hold Me Closer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hak

User
Victor Crone - Troubled Waters
Songwriters: Dino Medanhodzic, Benjamin Jennebo, Victor Crone

Crone used one of the oldest tricks in the books to springboard himself to mild Melfest success. Paparizou, Margaret and Sahlene all had the same tactic, make enough of a splash at the international ESC selection for Bjorkman to notice you and a landing a spot in the national selection is secured. SVT loves that flair of international pop sensation and I guess Crone brought that with his Country inspired pop and falsetto grimacing. How Dino ended up with songwriting credits for this one remains a mystery, but it might have something with his Bosnian heritage. Despite his brief stint in the spotlight he seems to have left a mark in Moopy memory, giving name to the core support of Anna Bergendahl, the Crone demographic. Unfortunately for Crone, leaving a mark didn't equate to securing a following and his road ends here.

Dotter - Cry
Songwriters: Linnea Deb, Peter Boström, Thomas G:son, Johanna "Dotter" Jansson

Dotter started off with great ambitions for her Melodifestivalen debut. Counted as one of the favorite she also had the added weight of press and loon expectation on her shoulders. But she, as many beginners at this grand arena, found herself eventually compromising away most of her original concept while budging under pressure from SVT and management trying to cut time and costs. Accessibility wasn't the tracks strong suit either, lacking both an uplifting message and an effective melody. Fortunately Dotter wasn't overly traumatized and would come back stronger in just two years later. Or as she answered the question on how she would avoid getting eliminated in the first round of voting with her follow-up entry:

"For starters I'll not turn of all the lights, it got a tad too dark. Next time I'll also add a bit more colour."

This round I'm going with a different strategy to gather participation as we'll all have 7 days to cast our votes. Once again it's double elimination.

Last edited:
STILL IN THE RACE ARE

Love Generation - Dance Alone

Songwriters: AJ Junior, Bilal "The Chef", RedOne, BeatGeek, Teddy Sky, Jimmy "Joker" Thörnfeldt

Love Generation - Just a Little Bit
Songwriters: RedOne, John Mamann, Jean-Claude Sindres, Teddy Sky, Yohanne Simon, Bilal "The Chef" Hajji

Mariette - A Million Years
Songwriters: Thomas G:son, Johanna "Dotter" Jansson, Peter Boström, Mariette Hansson, Jenny Hansson

Lina Hedlund - Victorious
Songwriters: Melanie Wehbe, Johanna "Dotter" Jansson, Dino Medanhodzic, Richard Edwards

Dotter - Bulletproof
Songwriters: Dino Medanhodzic, Johanna "Dotter" Jansson, Erik Dahlqvist

Last edited:
Dotter - Little Tot
Songwriters: Johanna "Dotter" Jansson, Dino Medanhodzic

Efraim Leo - Best of Me
Songwriters: Efraim Leo, Cornelia Jakobsdotter, Amanda Björkegren, Herman Gardarfve.

LIAMOO - Bluffin
Songwriters: Ali Jammali, Dino Medanhodzic, Sami Rekik, Jimmy ”Joker” Thörnfeldt

MEDINA - In i dimman

Songwriters: Sami Rekik, Ali Jammali, Anderz Wrethov, Jimmy ”Joker” Thörnfeldt, Dino Medanhodzic

Cornelia Jakobs - Hold Me Closer

Songwriters: Cornelia Jakobsdotter, David Zandén, Isa Molin

Emma Muscat - I Am What I Am
Songwriters: Dino Medanhodzic, Emma Muscat, Julie Aagaard, Stine Kinck

I mean...I'd imagine Dino Medanhodzic having done songwriting on other MF tracks and already generally being in that world is probably more why he ended up cowriting the track than anything to do with being Bosnian?

:D at the song's 'accessibility and melody' being the issue with Cry. It was literally Julia Michaels - Issues being howled unpleasantly!

• Sad
Reactions: Hak
Getting rid of Best of Me next. Annoying that again we're doing double elimination but can only vote for one, but hey. I'd probably get rid of Just A Little Bit as well

OMG how am I only just discovering that Cornelia has been behind the best entry two years running?!

Gone for Bluffin as the one that inspires me the least out of these.

Why is that Maltese girl even HERE?

I've only just realised this is a survivor between three people, not two. Can we have two "vs" in the title or something?

I've only just realised this is a survivor between three people, not two. Can we have two "vs" in the title or something?
And get rid of that silly confusing heart thing. If you're going to have a complex concept it needs to be as easy to understand as possible!

They're all so different that I genuinely don't understand how you can like pop but hate them all! Is it her voice?

Reactions: Hak

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom