Jamal Edwards DEAD

He was only 32, the son of Brenda Edwards from Loose Women. He paved the way for many current British acts through his YouTube channel.

:(

• Sad
Reactions: COB
So young, and I didn’t realise quite the impact he had until I saw the stories yesterday. I know I only see the tv side now and again but Brenda seems like a lovely woman.

Dear God. Another life lost due to drugs. Poor Brenda. :(

As a Mother I think although you know your children don’t tell you everything and many do take part in recreational drug use (no judgement) it is difficult to get your head around a death that was caused by taking drugs, when you think they would still be here if they hadn’t. My heart really goes out to her.

There has to be a point when we ask if prohibition is the right answer. People will take drugs regardless, I know people who have been able to find and take cocaine in ultra strict places like Saudi.

Surely we should be focusing on how to reduce the risk and harm than blindly telling people dont do drugs.

Accepting that people always have and always will take drugs, and then harm reduction and education is clearly the answer. Anything else really is the equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and singing lalala.

There has to be a point when we ask if prohibition is the right answer. People will take drugs regardless, I know people who have been able to find and take cocaine in ultra strict places like Saudi.

Surely we should be focusing on how to reduce the risk and harm than blindly telling people dont do drugs.
Accepting that people always have and always will take drugs, and then harm reduction and education is clearly the answer. Anything else really is the equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and singing lalala.

Is Brenda planning on starting something to try and stop people taking drugs or are you both just thinking aloud?

Is Brenda planning on starting something to try and stop people taking drugs or are you both just thinking aloud?
I don't think she's campaigning for drug policy reform. I've just looked at her website which states this

To honour his memory and continue his legacy, we have set up The Jamal Edwards Self Belief Trust. It has been set up with an objective to support those causes that mattered most to Jamal. The Trust will target three key interrelated areas : (i) Combatting homelessness; (ii) Supporting people with mental health issues and; (iii) Providing young people with essential life skills.

so it doesnt refer directly to drug use, although you could easily argue those three areas can easily be related to drug use, recreational or otherwise. But it sounds to me more like she wants it to fund causes he was passionate about.

I don't think she's campaigning for drug policy reform. I've just looked at her website which states this

To honour his memory and continue his legacy, we have set up The Jamal Edwards Self Belief Trust. It has been set up with an objective to support those causes that mattered most to Jamal. The Trust will target three key interrelated areas : (i) Combatting homelessness; (ii) Supporting people with mental health issues and; (iii) Providing young people with essential life skills.

so it doesnt refer directly to drug use, although you could easily argue those three areas can easily be related to drug use, recreational or otherwise. But it sounds to me more like she wants it to fund causes he was passionate about.

Fantastic. He really did seem like a lovely grounded young man who used his platform to help those in need.

Reactions: GNL
When our Ronald talked about drug prohibition I assumed I had missed that in Brendas statement that Lolly posted, but I now realise Ron meant the current drug legislation, and Lolly was following on from that.Too many wines this afternoon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom