Jane McDonald Covers The Gay Classics

Never mind moopy niche favourites Jessie Ware and Róisín Murphy smashing it out of the park, who would have seen Jane McDonald joining Gaga and Dua Lipa as the Holy Triumvirate of pop girls kicking 2020 up the arse?

Despite Jane supposedly quitting Cruising earlier this year and Channel 5 replacing her with Susan Calman, she's now changed her mind and 5 have confirmed that they have already signed off on a new series with her, so presumably we're going to get a third volume of her Cruising album at least :disco:

I really think we ought to make suggestions for covers - the more ridiculous the better, as she's a game old bird clearly up for anything, looking at that tracklisting. Like time itself, she cannot be stopped!

Susan Calman makes my piss boil. Her adverts are so condescending.

Jane clearly knowing her worth and holding out for a pay check to match her snout.

I actually can't stop listening to Jai Ho :D

RIP my Last.fm stats for November

Reactions: SDF
I could totally live with a Jane McDonald cover of Euphoria :disco:
I thought Euphoria was CANCELLED on this forum due to RECENT EVENTS

Reactions: VoR
I love a Jane rendition of Suus personally :disco:

DARLINGS,

I’ll be EXCRETING my latest opus “A WITHERING ARDOUR” on 78 next week. Free FLANELETTE COMPRESSION STOCKINGS (beige) with the first 5000 copies.

MIQUEL BROWN and I reuniting for a BASH at “EASE ON DOWN THE ROAD” is an absolute HOOT and if we hit Radio 2, I WILL show BOBS on Ken Bruce.

Blessings etc

Sal x

643bb698caf15612fb092598a360c3492.jpg

*available NOW

I haven’t bought any of her music but I have seen her in concert twice.

First time I went with my mum thinking “oh this’ll be crap” but it was actually great - her voice is really good and her patter is like proper northern drag queen stand up comedy.

Second time I rushed to get tickets and she was marvellous again.

I love her C5 shows. Think she’s genuinely funny and such a brilliant entertainer.

SO THERE.

Gay emergency

Get channel 5 on Jane’s about to perform Jai Ho loves :disco::disco::disco:

Last edited:
Reactions: COB
Gay emergency

Get channel 5 on Jane’s about to perform Jai Ho loves :disco::disco::disco:
I watched the greatest showman one last night she was fab :D
Jai Ho is a must see i’m sure

When did THIS happen? :D She always seemed like an entirely average club singer who got lucky in her heyday. Good on her for clearly putting the work in!

One of the things that has kept me very busy over the last few months has been the company that were doing her next round of cruises going under and a lot of angry couples in their 60s demanding refunds. So I'm not a fan right now - her audience are a right BUNCH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom