Janet Jackson - Black Diamond (RE-RE-JANCELLED!)

Jark

User
New thread for her new album, coming this summer with a "world" tour.

She looked incredible making the announcement on Jimmy Fallon last night.

WHAT DO WE EXPECT? I think Unbreakable is widely considered her strongest work since All For You.

I'm liking the appalled dominatrix glamour. I rather liked the last album, Should've Known Better was a freefall of sonic beauty and she didn't even get to cum.

Another loose definition of world tour. Just stick a couple of dates in Canada to qualify.

I suspect she’ll plan some European dates in 2022 and will contract some mysterious disease before cancelling them all.

Well it wouldn't be a Janft tour without some hot jancellations. That's PART of the DEAL.

She did do Australia and New Zealand dates at the end of last year, didn't she?

Interesting that the promo states 'featuring brand new music and a special performance of Rhythm Nation'. I mean I ASSUME they mean the album (or at least the bulk of it) and not the song. But that won't leave too much room for very much else, will it?

Interesting that the promo states 'featuring brand new music and a special performance of Rhythm Nation'. I mean I ASSUME they mean the album (or at least the bulk of it) and not the song. But that won't leave too much room for very much else, will it?

Doesn’t she do loads of medleys? She did about 30 songs on the last tour, didn’t she?

She did do Australia and New Zealand dates at the end of last year, didn't she?
More festival dates like Glastonbury. From what I heard she was the main headliner but it was misjudged and the young audience mostly left after Black Eyed Peas who came before her.

More festival dates like Glastonbury. From what I heard she was the main headliner but it was misjudged and the young audience mostly left after Black Eyed Peas who came before her.
They placed her on simultaneously with Lizzo so of course a lot of younger audiences were going to watch Lizzo instead. Jan still had a good crowd.

I was so excited at the prospect of MAYBE SOMEDAY finally seeing her but Coronavirus is looming so it won’t be happening any time soon.

Sorry but I am ready for this.

I want the HITS

I want the original CHOREO

I want the original BACKING TRACKS AND ARRANGEMENTS

I want 100% LIPSYNCING

I want JANFT

I hope she doesn't jancel now that Madame X has stolen that SCHTICK.

WHAT DO WE EXPECT? I think Unbreakable is widely considered her strongest work since All For You.

Oh and she looks GREAT

Wow she looks gorgeous. I am here for a Janet World Tour. She is one of the only artists I would want to go and see now.

I like her filler :)

I had front row seats to the last concert. Sadly it seemed they barely even sold that row out. :D

But I’m here for this. I thought the last album was brilliant. Her best since Velvet Rope.

i want this song immediately.

and i want it to not be urban. but it will be and it'll still be ok to good.

she is so lovely and gracious

"here are some dates"
"that's not the world, that's just the states"

...as though there will be more :D

When has Janet not been urban (if by that you mean R&B)?

with a lead single? rarely in the past couple of decades after all for you (does made for now count?) hence knowing it will be.

Made For Now was URBAN-ish, it even featured Daddy fucking Yankee

nah, it was pop pop pop. unfortunately it featured daddy fucking yankee.

(jokes aside i swear that's the only reason i never go back to it)

My ideal JANFT setlist would include the following. She can throw in some others as interludes but these are a MUST :
  1. That's the Way Love Goes
  2. If
  3. All for You
  4. Escapade
  5. The Pleasure Principle
  6. Come Back to Me
  7. Together Again
  8. Made for Now
  9. Feedback
  10. Nasty
  11. Black Cat
  12. What Have you Done for me Lately
  13. Got 'Til it's Gone
  14. Love Will Never Do (Without You)
  15. Rhythm Nation
  16. Again
  17. What's it Gonna Be?!
  18. Rock With U
  19. Someone to Call my Lover
  20. Control
  21. When I Think of You
  22. Miss you Much
  23. Runaway

Strobe lights make everything.... sexier tour 2020.

Interesting to see that she's not so covered up anymore - even on the last tour she wasn't flashing the flesh at all

Sorry but that clip is pretty cool.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if the whole tour was totally all just talk show audiences.

It seems a bit daft she’s doing this much promo without even having a buzz single to go with the effort

Does Janet really need buzz singles though? Isn't the legacy enough?

#TheTalkShowISthePromo

runayay! does she say indigenous peeps instead of aborigines? :D

ps fallon is so annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom