Jark.FM 8: Off With Their Heads! (멋진 년들) Saturday - 8.30pm

I think if the music tonight reveals anything me it's that I feel like LIFE IS CALM right now, but also shifting in exciting ways. :disco:

from 2:00 onwards in this song KILLS ME! it's beautiful.

quick one-two punch of concise house bangers from the Moodymann DJ-Kicks with Joeski and Kings of Tomorrow. this first one is very @funky, very Ibiza sunset (but make it CLASSY)

and this next one is the exact same vibe frankly :D but with a bigger vocal! vocalist April (no idea!) sounds so good on this TUNE!

I'm not in control of the spotify tonight so have no idea who or what it playing, but I love this one :disco:

Yaeji's got cooking down, hydating down, making a list down. I do appreciate pop songs that incorporate lists. this is a proper hypnotising lil' banger from last year. fresh production, j'adore.

ok swerving into quite a lengthy melodic drum n' bass segment next that's a bit of a GUNNY POPPER! the squelchy synths and bleep-bloops on Drocovums are life! even mildly PC Music-adjacent.

Reactions: COB
this is lifted from the Special Request (Paul Woolford) DJ-Kicks which is a fucking brilliant 90 minutes of floorfillers

not sure this part of the playlist is inspiring much passion :eyes: but personally I love it! this MJ Cole remix is quite sweet and has a nice SHUFFLE ENERGY. the next couple of songs are more banger-esque...

Jennifer is from Austrian DJ salute but somehow it has quite a Japanese energy to me. the strings that pop up mid song when the synths briefly drop out :disco: tasty

this High Contrast tune makes me SO HAPPY! I think it's the happiest tune so far. pure feel good vibes, take me to a field and give me mushrooms.

HEY BABY.
I'VE MISSED YOU.
I REALLY WANNA SEE YOU TONIGHT.
HOPE YOU CAN MAKE IT.
PLS CALL ME BACK.

🎷

final quick drum n bass moment with this arctic pitch shifted vocal moment of slappage.

I have to say I'm really feeling the PACE of this playlist - the DJ TORE IT UP.

life is all about you
and not at all about you
now that's two opposing thoughts and yet both of them are true
how can you experience everything you choose to do
while observing the experience you're having from a higher view?
:disco:

I live for this pseudo-spiritual shit, you can't imagine. when I discovered this song it was like finding a new drug that has only beautiful side effects. Broods' chorus (uncredited) is pure SILK.

however -

so I started taking selfies
of somebody else's face

bin this line!

Reactions: COB
somehow Waking Up reminds me of the Freemasons cover of Uninvited by Alanis? :D can't explain. it's such a beautiful break of dawn/London Grammar moment.

a5TusLG.jpg

tenor.gif

this is a proper trippy, ethereal remix of a post-trip hop uk #49 hit from 2002 :disco: Paul Woolford's remix is BLEEP BLOOP GARAGE HEAVEN!

baker man...
is breaking bread

*jazz busts out*

UGH. I think this is maybe my 2nd fave remix to be featured in a Jark.FM, after Blind (Frankie Knuckles). it's such a BLISSFUL SOUL GROOVE. it's deep, it's pure, the vocal and the sax compliment each other so beautifully! a tune!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom