Jazmine Sullivan - Heaux Tales

i didn't think much of lost one after hearing it but seeing that live performance video made me properly sit up and pay attention. she really is quite something.

The vox are obviously 10/10, but the song is still undecided for me. I think it'll grow though.

Track 2 on Megan's album samples Holding You Down (Goin' In Circles)

Also has TWENTY FOUR credited writers including Mary J Blige, Nas and Diddy :D

Something called HEAUX TALES out Jan 8th. Is it the EP?

DEV HYNES INVOLVED!

It's crazy to hear her talk about how she felt she wasn't good enough, or worthy of success... when she's JAZMINE SULLIVAN.

Also she confirms Heaux Tales is "a project"/EP and she'll work on an album afterwards. Which I think in the long run is better than an album and then nothing for 5 more years.

Oh no, not the COMING SOON dUb curse.

dUb, please don't ever start following Jessie Ware, London Grammar or Roisin Murphy properly please xx

The EP is out in January funky, pipe down :kim:

This little monologue is a bit of a mantra for several Moopy members I feel

If this ever came out, who it was, you would be like "Bitch do you know what Google says?" Yes I do. Yes I do. But I also know what that dick said. :D

Agreed. And you’re right on time for this new one

Looking forward to the EP if Dev Hynes is indeed involved in some capacity, plus I love all 3 of those featured guests. But I haven’t liked the direction so far. While she’s kept the neo soul sound she’s singing trap style, probably trying to sound current, and it doesn’t suit her voice at all.

This is getting really great reviews and BUZZ at the moment, e.g.

I'm still getting into it but SOUNDING GOOD TO ME. Definitely more low key than some of her stuff. The interludes fit really well with the flow to the point that I wouldn't skip them/leave them out at all.

Performing on Fallon tonight or tomorrow and also did a Tiny Desk Concert incl. LET IT BURN (oh hi 1 million views)

She's getting her dues to some extent, and I'm so happy to see it

Last edited:
The 'On It' lyrics are hilarious

I'm sure I'm hearing "I want to sit on it... if you're lucky baby I'll spit on it" :D

"Take this water and hydrate bitch" :emoji_dizzy_face::emoji_dizzy_face::emoji_dizzy_face:

Reactions: dUb
I think "Put It Down" is my favorite from this. She's actually a decent rapper. What a Queen.

Officially 10/10 for me. Essential R&B from start to finish. The ratchet factor is the cherry on top.

The vocals are total slayage of course, but I would've liked maybe just 1 ballad style track. Still amazing though.

Edit: The Other Side is 100% single material.

My favorite lyric from everything:

Fly mama, I'ma stay fit, gettin' facelifts
Soccer mom, gettin' wasted (Wasted)
Hermès tennis bracelet (Bracelet)
Bora Bora for vacation
I'LL BE ANYTHING BUT BASIC

Reactions: dUb
Girl Like Me is THE ONE for me from this project :love:

I need a video and a full single push. And GRAMMYS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom