Jazmine Sullivan - Heaux Tales

Half-hour HBO Max special. She sounds and (not that it matters etc.) looks fantastic :emoji_revolving_hearts:

I can't believe she's about to do the NATIONAL ANTHEM AT THE SUPERBOWL albeit with some man

Please not too much riffing Jaz

So I’ve played it twice now and really like it. The songs are growing on me muchly.

I never love an entire album, but some of her individual songs are such staples with me. Don't Make Me Wait, Let It Burn, now Lost One and The Other Side.

New song out on Thursday called Tragic! :o

It was too small! It needed a few more additional tracks with some punchy production. "Let it Burn" was a style I was hoping to hear more from

The production is gorgeous but WHY is she doing that trap shite with her voice? :manson: Just sing it properly!

it’s like being a world class guitar player and just plucking with one string. The kids ain’t gonna buy your records, babe. You’re wasting your time trying to sound on trend.

I agree. The production is superb and there's something very melancholy about it.

Her vocals could have taken this song into intergalactic space, the way she does in "Forever Don't Last", but she kinda just floats.

It's still a very solid track. 8/10.

It's just so good. The backing singers are impeccable. The setlist is brilliant. The energy. The talent. The GOWN. I am stanning harder than ever.

She performed Tragic and On It at the BET Awards with a very special cameo appearance...

And won ALBUM OF THE YEAR!!!

WAIT. The lyrics to this song are just TOO MUCH :D

I don't even know where to start!
What I thought was "If you think it's tragic" turned out to be "WHEN YOUR DICK IS TRAGIC" :D!

• Haha
Reactions: dUb
"Can you turn me on with no penetration?
Engine running, but don't leave out the station
You be fumbling getting to the end zone
You drowning, baby, 'cause you ain't go no strokes"

Ratchet Soul :disco:

I finally listened to this (my first Jazmine album) and its SO good. On It is my immediate favorite but I also really liked Price Tag and The Other Side.

The Other Side is superb and has the best lyrics.

Fly mama, I'ma stay fit,
gettin' facelifts
Soccer mom, gettin' wasted
Hermès tennis bracelet
Bora Bora for vacation
I'LL BE ANYTHING BUT BASIC

I finally listened to this (my first Jazmine album) and its SO good. On It is my immediate favorite but I also really liked Price Tag and The Other Side.

get on don't make me wait, luv back and love you long time stat!

I haven't spent much time with Heaux Tales yet, but those tracks from Love Me Back are indeed all HARD 10s.

Good Enough is just... *face melting gif*

Love Me Back is THE Jazmine album for me too. The vinyls are coming out apparently and I will be POUNCING on that one

She sounds incredible (obviosuly) on this song from tick... tick... BOOM! (musical adaptation starring Andrew Garfield, on Netflix now)

This is amazing. From 3:15 particuarly is :o:disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom