Votes: 0 0.0%

• Ingenting, Ingenting

• Total voters

Suomi

User
I am in the process of compiling my top ten worst Melfest entries. In a bid to find the true nadir, I had memories of a young blonde woman with the most turn-of-the-century hair you have ever seen.

What is quite extraordinary is the obvious amount of effort that has gone into this performance - the hair, the styling, the movements, the looks - and the effect of this is by about 45 seconds poor Jennifer is struggling to remember what to do next. This is the performance of an exhausted and terrified performer who wanted to give us everything and in doing so gave us nothing.

My husband and I have been sat playing this entry of repeat for about ten minutes and have come to the realisation that its downfall is that the central lyric - ingenting kan stoppa mig - provides the song with an undeniable irony as everything in the performance itself in conspiring to stop her.

This has the prestige of registering the lowest number of phone votes ever in Melfest history, but where do you stand on Jennifer Newberry seminal work, Ingenting Ingenting?

• Wow
Reactions: Hak
Is she actually singing?

I wonder what happened to her

Oddly enough the video is blocked for me.

Either way, she actually did release an album nine years after being in Melodifestivalen - and hair game was still as good as ever:

ab67616d0000b273fdba64be51457e26a59be203

ETA: Watching it on Öppet Arkiv now and yeah. Det var inte bättre förr. Poor girl! To be fair, the studio version is also naff and I don't think you can save lyrics like "Min förväntan är större än stor!".

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom