Jessie J - I Want Love

Hate how much I enjoy this single - it SHOULD'VE BEEN BY ADELE!
ramona-singer-gif-what.gif

It's ok. I don't know why she's not liked - she's just as good as Jess Glynne

I HATE Jessie J as much as the rest of you, possibly MORE...but this song is really good and if it was by Dua Lipa/Jessie Ware we'd all be SPAFFING our pants until they needed an immediate wash.

She manages to be tolerable in the driving video too...until the final 10 seconds where she can't help but congratulate herself on how amazing she is :D

I like this. It suits her shouty vocals.

This is annoyingly good, but it DOES remind me of ‘Je me Casse’. I’m sure there will be no fewer knowing looks to camera.

*grins and waves hands around*

Actually, this may have gone down quite well at Eurovision. Surely she can’t think herself too grand after that talent show she did in China.

If this had more prominent disco strings, a CHUNKY BASSLINE and was delivered by AGNES, (tens of) gays would collectively be misplacing their excrement.
There's even a poorly signposted KEY CHANGE.

If this had more prominent disco strings, a CHUNKY BASSLINE and was delivered by AGNES, (tens of) gays would collectively be misplacing their excrement.
There's even a poorly signposted KEY CHANGE.
Oh wow that is SPOT ON. I don't think it's even as far away as you're suggesting.

I've refused to listen to this so far. Like Taylor Swift I just can't stand the voice.

Oh this isn't even bad, but only because it sounds nothing like her. She's finally learned how to sing with her voice and not her asshole.

I've refused to listen to this so far. Like Taylor Swift I just can't stand the voice.

You'd legit love it. The vocals are very tame for her and it's neo-disco from start to finish.

Could have done with a BASSLINE that is a little more substantial than BRITTLE.

Urgh, this isn't half-bad, is it?

Well, the song is designed to peak on January 1st 2022 - the PROMO HASN'T EVEN BEGUN.

#breakingallourNewYearsresolutions

I'm sorry but there are at LEAST 7 superb pop moments in this and that is an UNDENIABLE FACT
In NO PARTICULAR ORDER

- When the Eye of the Tiger guitar comes in at 0:17 - a truly SUPERB "OH SHIT TURN DOWN THE TELLY SOMETHING'S HAPPENING" clarion call :disco:

- The first oooooo-wooo-OOOH! at 1:14 *dies of melodrama*

- 1:37 - ...I wanna get LOST in LOVE diVIIIIne... - SULTRY! SENSUOUS! TAILOR-MADE for a moment of LIGHTLY CARESSING YOUR LEGS towards THE GENERAL DIRECTION OF YOUR VAGINA! ('love divine' is a METAPHOR it's a METAPHOR FOR SEX)

- The ROAR of a SCORNED WOMAN at 2:25 when Jessie J contemplates how much she REALLY WANTS LOVE/steps on a bit of Lego

- Really it can't bear being repeated enough THE KEY CHANGE THE FUCKING KEY CHANGE

- 2:44, when Jessie J's yodels of grief BRIEFLY THREATEN to turn into BLACK BOX - RIDE ON TIME :disco: :disco: :disco:

- The ENDING STRING MOTIF at 3:08 that reveals the ENTIRE THING was in fact a SHORT PLAY and now EVERY CHARACTER IS DEAD! :o (:disco:)

(Okay I LIED ALL OF THAT WAS ACTUALLY IN A PARTICULAR ORDER IT WAS THE ORDER IT ALL HAPPENED IN THE SONG)

Last edited:
In NO PARTICULAR ORDER

- When the Eye of the Tiger guitar comes in at 0:17 - a truly SUPERB "OH SHIT TURN DOWN THE TELLY SOMETHING'S HAPPENING" clarion call :disco:

- 1:37 - ...I wanna get LOST in LOVE diVIIIIne... - SULTRY! SENSUOUS! TAILOR-MADE for a moment of LIGHTLY CARESSING YOUR LEGS towards THE GENERAL DIRECTION OF YOUR VAGINA! ('love divine' is a METAPHOR it's a METAPHOR FOR SEX)

- The ROAR of a SCORNED WOMAN at 2:25 when Jessie J contemplates how much she REALLY WANTS LOVE/steps on a bit of Lego

- Really it can't bear being repeated enough THE KEY CHANGE THE FUCKING KEY CHANGE

- 2:44, when Jessie J's yodels of grief BRIEFLY THREATEN to turn into BLACK BOX - RIDE ON TIME :disco: :disco: :disco:

- The ENDING STRING MOTIF at 3:08 that reveals the ENTIRE THING was in fact a SHORT PLAY and now EVERY CHARACTER IS DEAD! :o (:disco:)

(Okay I LIED ALL OF THAT WAS ACTUALLY IN A PARTICULAR ORDER IT WAS THE ORDER IT ALL HAPPENED IN THE SONG)

She better be paying you for this post!

But I agree, there are good moments.

In NO PARTICULAR ORDER

pov: me experiencing this post to the fullest

H1PbeQ.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom