Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

vocally she sounds fantastic... not sure about the song yet? and the production is a lot. has quite a surprising carnival feel. I think this one will grow...

This feels like a more uptempo cousin of Remember Where You Are but never reaching the same dizzying heights.

It's fine but the triplet of "Free Yourself", "Pearls" and this still doesn't really thrill me all that much. I am starting to think she pulls off "beat" a lot better than "groove", this album's definitely heading into the direction of the latter - good on her for not rehashing WYP but so far, the focus isn't quite there for me.

Last edited:
actually she pulls off groove very well, but none of these scream groove to me at all. Groove is Running, Read My Lips, etc. this is mostly high camp. It’s definitely all a step down from WYP (even though I’ve loved everything so far, in varying degrees)

Anyway I didn’t like this from the clips, but in full it’s fabulous, largely because of THAT VOICE, but also layers of vocals are glorious and take me back to Ibiza days… there’s a Latin house tune it reminds me of that I can’t place yet, but I will

It’s like something from the NuYorican Soul album, which is very high praise.

why does all the purest love get filtered through machines? :disco:

A LYRIC!

the full five minutes are repetitive but ultimately rewarding. great climax. great belting vocals that almost take me back to certain KM94 songs (like the notoriously sultry Dangerous Game) in places...

This is pretty wonderful after a couple of listens. Definitely a big production, though there is one line in the chorus (Beginning or end?) that I wish was a bit clearer/stronger.

Love this! Very sultry, very sunny. I was not expecting a bit of a bossa nova vibe, but she does it well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom