Jessie Ware - Free Yourself + That! Feels Good! (album 5)

Where’s this buzz coming from @Jark @ManicKangaroo

I’ve been Googling and nothing…

Screenshot_20220628-150809_Instagram.jpg

Why is it not on the 9 o’clock news though?

This is life changing information

Honestly mopsy, I’m not ready.

I'm counting on Free Yourself to cure my covid.

No pressure Jessie beb.

Last edited:
so I can EXCLUSIVELY confirm this liberation anthem is out Tuesday 19th July

Co-written by Clarence Coffee (Mirage, The Kill) and Stuart Price.

feels like part of a campaign then not a rushed out single

The YEAR OF JESSUS part 2 is upon us :disco:

Same. I hope he hasn’t taken that wonderful piano house backdrop and given it his usual 37 layers of SYNTHS

Jake where do you get your Jessus information and where can I sign up

:basil: My phone is a spellcheck Nazi

Calling you Jake from now on regardless

Yeah, not ready. Will never be ready. This is going to be too much.

If Stuart Price has given Jessie anything on 'Hallucinate' levels we're in for a treat

The Stuart Price thing will continue to haunt me until I actually hear the album. One thing Jessie is NOT is overproduced. Her voice is the crown jewel of her music and she always keeps the production subtle and atmospheric. She’s a MOOD. She doesn’t need bells and whistles.

Of course, it’ll be a masterpiece, but I’ll be a worried gay loon regardless :)

I kind of get funky's concern. What I love about Jessie is how effortless she make everything feel. Obviously her vocal underpins that, but it carries on through practically everything she has ever released.

it's clearly not her most memorable song ever. the verses are more of a mood than a melody. but that chorus is tasty. a super fun reintroduction

(*disappears*)

This is lush. Not a ten, but still pretty good.

It's a bit of a departure sonically from the WYP tracks (middle 8 is probably closest) but it's a fun romp and I appreciate how unapologetic it is. Not sure I will play this to death the way I did with Spotlight/Please/Save A Kiss but a welcome addition.

And yes, you can hear Stuart Price had a big hand in this :eyes: - let's keep it to one or two tracks; don't abandon SG Lewis and James Ford for the album, Jessus. :disco:

Last edited:
I see what people are saying but it’s still really great. The italo piano is a treat. Her vocal doesn’t really match the early 90s production in terms of what you’re expecting to hear, but I think once I’ve gotten used to it I won’t notice that anymore. It’s a slick, joyous bouncey anthem. I’ll absolutely take it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom