Jessie Ware - What's Your Pleasure?

Loved the perf!! I may have been somewhat SCEPTICAL about the album but this track was my favourite from first listen and I'm thrilled to see it getting its time in the spotlight

It's a no from my Mam though :D

Get those 780 99p sales gurl!!!111

She just has to beat the Nightcrawlers at no.1(!). Honestly how many times has Push the Feeling On been rinsed?

It’s usually updated at the weekend. I’m surprised it hasn’t been added too - maybe next week.

I've always admired her beautiful voice, though her albums never delivered for me until "What's you pleasure" - suddenly everything clicked for me and the combination of disco and her voice are a match made in heaven. Always remember the first time I listened to the record, it was on a train from Rome to Venice during sunset, probably THE way to listen to the album.

"Remember where you are" is a brilliant choice as a single and perfectly works as a summary of her talent. Let's hope it will lead to her well-deserved stardom (It won't sadly).
Looking forward for a "side b" - hopefully she'll finally include the mesmerizing "overtime".

And the single just at the very bottom of the top 100.

That’s pretty great for the album, even when it inevitably falls it should remain top 40 which is a great result.

Holy shit, I did not expect that - normally after Graham Norton things (naturally) slip off over the week. Still #4 on iTunes too. If she stays top ten that's bloody brilliant, from ONE performance.

Reactions: dUb
iTunes update - album back up to #2, and the song has climbed a bit again... not sure why, maybe she’s started getting a bit of radio play.

She’s actually outperforming SuperBowl extraordinaire The Weeknd and his brand new greatest hits, with an album that was released more than 6 months ago :disco:

down just a spot to 7 on Wednesday. she confirmed to OCC that the deluxe edition has just been mastered - insider rumblings that it's 6 new tracks plus Overtime. :disco: generous queen!

Still #3 on iTunes. That's very impressive given the one promo slot was 6 days ago!

its crazy. Shows the strength of the song. Imagine what it could do with a proper singles push, radio etc. It is a very instant song.

I assume they will push it to Radio 2 who may add it tomorrow? Seems the perfect time and given how well the album is doing it should seem an easy add.

All signs point to Radio 2 getting behind it, given the artist and the timing and the album resurfacing, but who knows with these radio people and their rules

down just a spot to 7 on Wednesday. she confirmed to OCC that the deluxe edition has just been mastered - insider rumblings that it's 6 new tracks plus Overtime. :disco: generous queen!

That sounds pretty marvellous. Plenty of new material and Overtime not orphaned any longer. Hopefully we'll have firm release details soon, strike while the iron is hot!

some insider tea on the sound of the deluxe tracks - 4 leftovers incl Overtime, 3 all new tracks

The Deluxe lives perfectly in its parent album universe unlike other re-releases. If WYP was the foreplay (campy, cheeky, fun) this is the climax (heavier, deep house, club). The original album mixed up in a supersized EP. You have your title tracks, also Remember Where U Ares.

I already feel that this will end me if it's going "deep house/club". can we order poppers via the Moopy link?

All signs point to Radio 2 getting behind it, given the artist and the timing and the album resurfacing, but who knows with these radio people and their rules

Straight on to the A List this morning :disco:

some insider tea on the sound of the deluxe tracks - 4 leftovers incl Overtime, 3 all new tracks

The Deluxe lives perfectly in its parent album universe unlike other re-releases. If WYP was the foreplay (campy, cheeky, fun) this is the climax (heavier, deep house, club). The original album mixed up in a supersized EP. You have your title tracks, also Remember Where U Ares.

I already feel that this will end me if it's going "deep house/club". can we order poppers via the Moopy link?

Jessie determined to drag us all back into the dark room like corona never happened :disco:

those total sales through :D poor beb needs to take her new mate Kylie Ann's course in FLEECING THE FANS with endless variants!

WYP? milky variant - cumming soon

The success of this album based on one TV spot really underlines that we need more opportunities for musicians to perform on national television. Especially in the pandemic. Other countries seem to program loads of concert-style shows for Primetime, but it feels like it's really fallen out of favour here?

I guess because reality TV is just cheaper to make. :(

Album and single dropped when the new stuff came out on Friday but both are climbing again now. This isn’t a typical short bump. Hope the radio push makes a difference.

and I agree @VoR, remembering the heydays of the 90s and noughties when everyone watching music channels and we had CDUK and TOTP and every show had a musical guest. I still don’t understand why that changed.

IS reality tv cheaper to make?

A show like Jools Holland must be cheap as chips to make. They're just not trying to launch anything because they think there's no demand, but the blockade of SHIT game shows that belong in 1995 on weekend primetime suggest there is actually plenty of room for imaginative new pitches that feature live music in some capacity.

I'm thinking: Claudia Winkelman talk show vehicle. 2-3 musical guests who each perform a mini set. at the end of each episode she gives them all either a haircut - or, if they don't want it, they have to donate their first-born child to Sophie Ellis-Bextor. 6 million viewers, Jessie Ware goes platinum, thankyou and goodnight.

Jools Holland consistently performs below the slot average, and doesn’t get great YouTube views either.

The BBC also tried to bring back TOTP with that weird Greg James show that also bombed, and I don’t think the one-off artist specials that they did a few years back (there was one with Ariana Grande and Davina McCall) did well EITHER.

I’m assuming the lack of proper UK music-performance tv show is because sadly the data suggests quite clearly there isn’t a lot of demand for it :(

I think they just need to update the format. The Glastonbury coverage is always huge, that’s become a staple. The concerts on Sky Arts tend to have a committed following, even if the numbers aren’t huge. And we’ve seen how big the YouTube numbers are, which has essentially replaced the hundreds of musical channels. Maybe some sort of live mini festival every week on iPlayer, connected to Radio 1 and 2 in some way, with some support behind it, could do well.

She’s climbing again too. #8 and #20 respectively. Just needs to get a bit of momentum on streaming now.

of course there's demand - it's always just about finding the right format. people love music!

Reactions: RJN
Doesn’t she have a tradition of releasing new music on Valentine’s Day?

BRING IT

of course there's demand - it's always just about finding the right format. people love music!
This is why Sounds Like Friday Night failed, the format was wrong. Sitting down at 7pm on a Friday to watch a half hour show containing acts you may or may not like isn’t really the consumption of choice anymore. There wasn’t much other choice in the days of Top Of The Pops. An iPlayer thing is the only way forward really.

She’ll climb before Friday. The album is back up to #2 on tunes and #7 on Amazon. The song has climbed every day since Friday and back in Top Ten. It’s already much more successful than the two previous singles. Radio effect must be kicking in.

still NOTHING on Spotify. She needs to release a video and get those YouTube numbers up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom