Jesy QUITS Little Mix

They really have had an impressive run. 9 years for a man-made girl band is unheard of.
with the same line-up and no breaks!

Jesy has seemed exhausted by the promo aspect of it all for some time so I'm not super surprised by any of this

She looked absolutely over it before she went on the break, so it's not particularly surprising.

"I don't know what the next thing is but I hope you will all support me" :angel::side-eye:

geri-halliwell-2000-brit-awards-1361202664-view-0.jpg

In terms of solo potential, she strikes me as more of a Louis Tomlinson than a Harry Styles.

I've always thought Jesy was an odd choice for a group. She has such an affected quality that's usually found in solo artists, not in "make up the numbers" group members like Louis.

I'm not so sure she is working on something else. I genuinely think her mental health has taken a battering (over the whole nine years to be honest), and I actually think she genuinely wishes to have a very long break from the industry and pressures.

She seemed to be SO OVER IT in the last promo shots she was involved in and I think it was just a matter of time.

As long as it's gonna give us a Sky LIVING documentary in 10 years or so with Leigh-Anne declaring "An Instagram Post. Such SHOCK" through tears and Perrie saying "I'm still ANGRY that nobody thought about the rest of the three of us" :disco:

I'm not so sure she is working on something else. I genuinely think her mental health has taken a battering (over the whole nine years to be honest), and I actually think she genuinely wishes to have a very long break from the industry and pressures.

Although she refers to being in a band and being in a girl group as having taken a toll and a source of pressure in that statement, rather than the industry itself.

I don't think we'll hear THAT soon about a solo project, but I'd be surprised if it was much more than a year.

Did I read here or elsewhere that the option of solo work was part of the new contract after they split with Cowell?

I guess we'll see...

If she did release solo material within a few months I think it would be fine anyway. It wouldn't make her disingenuous according to that statement.

Reimagining herself as a solo act where she isn't responsible for the Little Mix brand or three other people's career alone is fair enough, I think.

I imagine she'll dip her toe in the water with a few relatively high profile feature spots. She was always my third favourite, but best of luck to her. She's spent nearly a decade and all of her 20s under that pressure. She doesn't owe anyone anything, except herself.

I'd honestly be SHOCKED if she tried to launch a career as a solo artist, at least in the immediate future. I don't see any appetite either from her or from the general public. They've been quite explicit that her mental health is the top priority - and hasn't she almost entirely stopped posting on Instagram?
Fully expecting her to become a hermit tbh, unlike a lot of pop acts, Little Mix appear to have actually made enough money to retire on by now.

TBH Little Mix must have an amazingly business minded, but gruelling management. They were basically ON TOUR for about 5 years weren't they? They'd do a big fancy arena tour, then do a less-publicised Summer "local tour" at weird venues like race courses to make extra cash?

Reactions: Zu
She had a great run with them, and if she wasn't happy good luck to her whatever she does.

However, I enjoy her as a personality but don't think I would like her shall I say very expressive voice on a full song.

Was she the extra member added to the trio when they were on X Factor as Rhythmix? Or who was it?

Also, they'll split before we get half-way into 2021.

I would have thought so.

In terms of a solo career for Jesy I am really not sure it is a good idea if her mental health is flailing. In the band she had the support of the other 3, so I would have thought trying to get a solo career off the ground coupled with massive press intrusion would be crippling for her.

I think the remaining three have shown their more than capable to pull off a trio, I don’t think it’ll impact them if they’re happy to continue.

I wonder if Jesy will continue more down the documentary/tv route than music?

I would have thought so.

In terms of a solo career for Jesy I am really not sure it is a good idea if her mental health is flailing. In the band she had the support of the other 3, so I would have thought trying to get a solo career off the ground coupled with massive press intrusion would be crippling for her.
Again though, I find it interesting that she refers specifically to the band as being the pressure and taking the toll, not the industry.

Not that I'm saying that going solo is the right thing for her mental health, but I do think that is quite pointed.

A few Ella Henderson style feature vocals would seem a way of keeping it reasonably light, rather than a launch straight into a solo career.

Reactions: dUb
Again though, I find it interesting that she refers specifically to the band as being the pressure and taking the toll, not the industry.

Not that I'm saying that going solo is the right thing for her mental health, but I do think that is quite pointed.

A few Ella Henderson style feature vocals would seem a way of keeping it reasonably light, rather than a launch straight into a solo career.

You are right. She mentioned pressures of the group rather than pressures of being in the media. If she does come out with something I really don’t think she could sustain a career outside of the group. A few features may get her a hit initially but overall I can’t see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom