Jesy QUITS Little Mix

Buzzfeed had an article up a few days ago calling her out for 'blackfishing' which led to a GLUT of tweets from people who weren't aware she was white o_O O_o o.O O.o

She's apparently been blocking people asking her to address it, and the article's been taken down now

Oh sometimes I think people in Twitter just need to log off and take a breath. Of all the things to get annoyed about.

This isn't anything new. I remember it being commented on on here back when they were on X Factor. She's clearly just heavy handed with the tan?

Wasn’t she the one they had a go about having dreads as well?

FUCK OFF

Oh sometimes I think people in Twitter just need to log off and take a breath. Of all the things to get annoyed about.
I actually think blackfishing in general is something to discuss (rather than get annoyed about). Ariana is guilty of it to a major degree. Kylie Jenner too. and no, white women should not ever be wearing dreads.

Whatever the rights or wrongs of Jesy's personal styling choices, I thought that article was incredibly mean spirited and unnecessary. This idea that 'we' 'need' to 'call out' certain celebrities - especially ones known to be vulnerable - is just STOP FUCKING HATE style tabloid bullying posing as social justice. Let Jesy's friends and family have that conversation if she's actually hurting people's feelings!

It’s worth noting that it was a “Buzzfeed community” post, not an actual Buzzfeed article by their writers

I didn't read the article, but Blackfishing is definitely a thing. We should talk about how female beauty standards in the West are basically constructed around Black and Brown features and even skin tone, whilst bearing none of the burden of actually inhabiting those bodies.

Last edited:
Perrie's figure what the fuck? Is she about to kill a fly or clap along to Black Magic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom