Jewel - 2 Become 1

Let's make time stand still, let this moment last until, two become one

• Total voters

POP!

Let the light in
The final single from 0304, which is oddly one of my most listened to albums of the past year since the pandemic. It's a shame there was a bit of a backlash caused by "Intuition" because this follow up is an utter JOY

I absolutely love this album, very underrated. What was the backlash about?
She released "Intuition" and I think the irony was lost on some of her critics/longtime fans who thought she was a sellout. Also see Liz Phair (although LP was not ever as mainstream as Jewel was to be fair). In hindsight, I think it is just a bit of MISOGYNY in a TEACUP

People thought she’d “sold out” and didn’t get the ironic sexy video.

0304 was one of the first albums I ever loved. This isn’t my top song from it(stand and run 2 u) but is still great

Reactions: VoR
There’s now an Initial Talk remix of Intuition and Bright Light Bright Light mix of Stand out.

Love that her Facebook page is full of ramblings about mindfulness, Alaska and selling her JEWELry line* with not a peep about these mixes coming out

*Not the actual name of the line but it really should be

Oh wait that was sarcasm (wasn't it? :shy: )

I don't think I could live in a world where Jewel is genuinely homophobic!!

Not with lyrical masterpiece 'Pieces of You' to her name!!

This reminds me, someone tried to scam me on Facebook Messenger pretending to be Jewel a few weeks ago. I was playing along and then they were promptly banned :(

This reminds me, someone tried to scam me on Facebook Messenger pretending to be Jewel a few weeks ago. I was playing along and then they were promptly banned :(
Lovely. I apparently had Chrissie Hynde doing the same who could barely construct a coherent sentence in English which seemed odd for such a good songwriter but I refuse to not believe she was reaching out to me.

Has anybody watched her Hallmark mystery movie(s)? It’s kind of like Murder She Wrote meets 60 Minute Makeover.

And Intuition is still wonderful.

Currently competing on The Masked Singer USA

Last edited:
Can we add NOT A SPICE GIRLS COVER to the thread title?

It’s the only reason I ventured in and I’m bitterly disappointed. :(

Queen of Clubs is back, dropping a hot new mix of Standing Still This is genuinely really good, her remixes always are. Maybe like Lush Classical she could reinvent herself touring with a dj mixing her tracks.

@Santa Suedey is this selling as well as Spies on the charts?

The QUEEN OF POP is a re-ENTRY on the alt-gay Dance Shart Pre-Xmas at No. 37 :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom