Jim Steinman DEAD

If I knew he was alive, this may slightly sadden me as he was behind some absolute bangers.

OH NO! He also wrote Bonnie Tyler’s Total Eclipse of the Heart, and Celine Dion’s It’s All Coming Back to Me Now.

A songwriting GENIUS.

Omg :(

One of my absolute favourite songwriters ever, and a total eccentric

My favourite example of this is when he put together Pandora’s Box, the (amazing) band that did the first version of It’s All Coming Back To Me Now, there were four members - three real female singers, and Deliria Wilde, a “mythical” member he created who never existed and was represented by a model in the album booklet

Some of my favourite JIMBO cuts aside from the obvious biggies

(last one is as a producer rather than songwriter)

I also want to recommend the West End version of Two Out of Three Ain’t Bad from the utterly brilliant Danielle Steers.

The show was completely BATSHIT, but the music and vocals were hard to criticise.

He looks like a little bit of a legend

d891762d87de42dcb79268fbc6bb9193_md.jpg

I was complaining about people who do Meatloaf songs at karaoke JUST before this broke. I dunnit :(

I think "Read 'Em And Weep" was probably my favourite song of his but he gets legend status for producing "This Corrosion".

God I love him. His solo album is really good too if you get the chance.

JIM TOP TEN

1. Dead Ringer For Love- Meatloaf and Cher
2. Holding Out For A Hero- Bonnie Tyler
3. It’s All Coming Back To Me Now- Celine Dion
4. Total Eclipse Of The Heart- Bonnie Tyler
5. Original Sin- Taylor Dayne
6. Bat Out Of Hell- Meatloaf
7. If You Were A Woman- Bonnie Tyler
8. You Took The Words Right Outta My Mouth- Meatloaf
9. Two Out Of Three Ain’t Bad- Meatloaf
10.This Corrosion- Sisters of Mercy

I would also include Never Forget by Take That except I can’t quite get my head around how I’m this years old and never realised til 5 minutes ago he produced it.

Although genuinely I think this would be right up there too. I presume most of you have seen it, but I am always amazed at the amount of people who haven’t. The literal video version of Total Eclipse of the Heart remains the greatest and funniest parody ever

“AND I’VE MOSTLY BEEN LIT FROM BEHIND”

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom