John Savident DEAD

Is he the poor old queen who got in a bit of a scandal once when he was robbed/beaten up by a rent boy he'd brought home?

I'm sure I remember something like that, but it may just have been toxic 90s tabloid stuff.

Just looked it up on Wikipedia. Nasty story, but I must admit the last line tickled me.

On 1 December 2000, Savident was stabbed twice in the neck at his home in Manchester by Michael Smith, who claimed he was acting in self-defence. Savident said at the time, "I suddenly felt somebody come up behind me and whizz me round so I was face down on the bed and then I felt a prick on my throat". Smith demanded three thousand pounds from Savident, and the keys to his classic Morgan sports car. Savident had met Smith in Heenans bar, following a personal appearance at an event for World AIDS Day. They then went to Savident's home – apparently to discuss the theatre – which Smith claimed was a euphemism for sex.

That is some proper old-school faggotry :disco:

Wasn't he doing an "acting class" in his home with an attractive young man?

I’m sure that any number of homosexuals of that generation were face down on a bed when they suddenly felt a prick on the throat.

It's like when Tory MPs would disappear into a bush on Hampstead Heath to discuss economic policy

I thought he died years ago! And yes, I also remember him more so for the outrageous canal st story than his actual acting these days.

Anyway, RIP

I SAY I SAY ASHLEH

Fred was a classic Corrie character from a time when the show was actually brilliant. The fake thai bride story was GOLD! :D
Yes wasn’t she actually from Eccles?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom