Journaling

vespertine

God damn it Claude
Does anyone here have any experience with keeping a journal? I've heard good things from friends and it seems to be all the rage as of late. Sounds just like the type of activity I could pick up in the 20s. :disco:

Like keeping a diary?

I downloaded an app called Day One not long ago in the hope of trying to keep notes and such, especially now that my memory isn’t as good as it used to be, but I’ve only managed to write three entries so far.

Isn't journaling (what a ghastly word) a bit more unstructured and free form than traditional diary keeping? I think of keeping a diary as writing things that happened in a traditional format, whereas journaling is more in the way of random thoughts, ideas, jottings etc in a kind of spontaneous way.

I've not kept a diary since I was a teenager, and I don't think then ever entirely successfully. Usually a new year's resolution which petered out by the end of February.

I kind of like the idea of an app, though. I do use notes on my phones for various things, but perhaps an app may be a better way of doing it. I'd probably only use it 2-3 times weekly.

The good thing about the app I mentioned is that, if you pay and give it access to your data, it could automatically add everything from photos you’ve taken to how many steps you’ve walked and places you’ve been to during any said day, making it much easier to add notes to complete the picture.

It’s all quite horrifying but part of me would love to revisit in 10-15 years and check out what groceries I bought in what deli on the 14th of January, 2020.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom