Just-discovered pop music

Jark

User
I'm putting together a playlist of tracks only just discovered from the past few years. I thought this thread could be a bit like the New Music Friday one, but for less-new stuff from lesser-known artists?

@FetchFugly @northernlad @ameraal @Mats @David_5000 @Pipo @dUb @SDF @octophone @Halli

this from last year is lovely

and I'm really enjoying the hazy, retro-synthy vibes of Yumi Zouma (Kiwi band although they sound very LA)

I'm on a real synth-pop trip at the minute so any recommendations in this vain especially are very much appreciated! Let's share the wealth :disco:

yumi zоuma are great. their peaks for me so far have been alena and catastrophe.

Last edited:
Gemini Rising, Tensnake and Fiora's synth sideline.

Just Because is verging on Chromatics-esque. Album on the way in September.

there's a sweet mix of their keep it close to me by the lovely forgotten cyril hahn too:

I adore everything Cyril Hahn touches and this is no exception.

I'm on such a journey of musical discovery at the minute. I'm adding lots of stuff from the last couple of years to this playlist - it's so good.

Some highlights

divinely warm

god music really is everything, life without it would be impossible

i was just (randomly) listening to lovers today for the first time in ages.

jark, if you've somehow missed ralph's debut self-titled ep, give it a spin asap. tease, something more, cold to the touch are all absolutely perfect.

Last edited:
I've listened to bits and pieces from Ralph but not the EP. the tracks you recommended however are fantastic, better than her newer stuff - tease is sensational.

tease is brilliant, it was my favourite pop song of 2017 i do believe. such a shame you missed the collective gushing over it.

it's not all bad though, this thread just prompted me to put it on again and buy the vinyl off some canadian site (along with dedicated) :)

This from last year is absolutely magnificent (there's also a very good Shura remix) - I'm trying to figure out who her voice reminds me of

the "oooh"s are absolute bliss

Gemini Rising album out today (busy week). Lots of good stuff on there, probably a bit out of time but who cares when it comes to good old electropop.

I don't know how I stumbled upon it but I put it on all the time. please ignore the infuriating video and enjoy the bubblegum of it all

Of course I didn't ignore the video and now I despise her/them with every fibre of my being. That song really is cute though, @Mats .

As with two posts this is the closest thing to a thread for Electric Youth we have, I must say "Higher" off the last album really is very good. That outro!

Also I think I'm going to enjoy discovering Wet very much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom