Justin Timberlake - Everything I Thought It Was (6th Album) + Selfish (1st Single)

I'm past the point of being excited for new music from Justin. But I'll always listen and I could see him having a comeback at some point

Christ. Please don't threaten us with this.

Just fuck off with your family to that cabin in the woods and stop pretending to have anything left to contribute.

he's the classic example of a popstar who has outgrown his charisma and raison d'etre and everything that once made him interesting, and is still churning out music purely to fulfil label contracts / because it's "his job". it's been so long since anything remotely essential. he doesn't even look good anymore, girlfriend looks FRIED.

I'm not sure I agree he's churning out albums to fulfill his label duties. He likes to experiment and take his time with his albums. They all have very different vibes and 4/5 year gaps between them. The last one was just a big miss.

It feels like ages ago since he did anything essential (8 years?) but that was only his second to last album!

(I liked Don't Stop The Feelin' as well, but no further comments at this time thank you)

I don’t think the last album was dreadful at all. The weird attempt to mix country and R&B was a failure, and as a whole it didn’t really work, but ironically most of the songs didn’t actually mix the genres he just did a bit of both and individually many of the songs were good. “Higher Higher”, “Montana” and “Breeze Off The Pond” are among the best things he’s done. And I love “Say Something”, even though it’s Chris Stapleton’s song.

WOW 'don't be a popstar 'cause you're over the age of 35 and not quite as hot as you were in your twenties'

HAVE A WORD WITH YOURSELVES MOOPY

I don’t think the last album was dreadful at all. The weird attempt to mix country and R&B was a failure, and as a whole it didn’t really work, but ironically most of the songs didn’t actually mix the genres he just did a bit of both and individually many of the songs were good. “Higher Higher”, “Montana” and “Breeze Off The Pond” are among the best things he’s done. And I love “Say Something”, even though it’s Chris Stapleton’s song.
I did like Say Something, but I quite like Chris Stapleton anyway.

Isn’t Justin Timberlake more successful at acting these days? He should stick with that.

WOW 'don't be a popstar 'cause you're over the age of 35 and not quite as hot as you were in your twenties'

HAVE A WORD WITH YOURSELVES MOOPY
don't be absurd. it's not that he's "not quite as hot" (lol understatement) as he was in '03. it's that he became UTTERLY BORING as an artist. 20/20 was long and super self indulgent and certainly didn't have enough memorable songs to justify the long wait and the massive hype. that last album with its horribly contrived imagery was bland garbage apart from the one memorable song in which he jacked Chris Stapleton's sound.

I would rather have a good faith discussion than sit here rolling my eyes while you reduce my post to its most simplistic form just to make a point. at least quote me next time.

She needs to give us her Chromatica. An album full of bops and not ones for Karen à la Can't Fight The Feeling or whatever it was called.

@Jark “he doesn’t even look good anymore...” would we really let someone say the same thing about Kylie and let them get away with it?

he's the classic example of a popstar who has outgrown his charisma and raison d'etre and everything that once made him interesting, and is still churning out music purely to fulfil label contracts / because it's "his job". it's been so long since anything remotely essential. he doesn't even look good anymore, girlfriend looks FRIED.

I'm sorry but, which JUSTIN Are we actually discussing here? Because you can also apply this description to BIEBER and that GOD awful man Shawn Mendes.

If the music is good I’m on board but considering the fact that the last song I liked by him was “Mirrors” then I won’t be holding my breath..

She needs to give us her Chromatica. An album full of bops and not ones for Karen à la Can't Fight The Feeling or whatever it was called.
Sorry (not sorry) but Can’t Stop the Feeling was better than anything from the last album. He spent a lot of time in the studio with Max and Shellback before ditching it all. THAT would have been the bops album.

what is it with these "heritage" acts not being able to ditch their long time collaborators when the hits have dried up? If Gaga was able to sack Red One and si did Mariah with JD, I don't see why Justin couldn't get rid of Timbaland in favor of someone new and exciting but then I remind myself there's nobody new or exciting.:sleepy::thumbsdown:

and please don't go back to Pharrell either.

I loved his last overpriced concert so I’m here for more of that :disco:

I quite enjoyed him being canceled briefly in 2018, but 20/20 Experience: Part 1 is still excellent start to finish. "Cry Me a River" only gets better with time too.

"Flannel" is a guilty pleasure of mine. I know that the lyrics s*ck donkeyballs, but it’s a nice song nontheless.

It’s been in my yearly Spotify Top 100 since it was released. #1 the first year, and Top 20 the next...

I suppose the Britney/Janet reckoning is good PROMO.

The appeal was obvious around the time of his solo debut and I could even kind of give a hearing to the case that anyone could feel lust and excitement on seeing Justin Timberlake during the FutureSex/LoveSounds era (although for an album image concept explicitly grounded in the idea that everyone agreed he was someone who would get you dripping in seconds if you met, it is striking he never really convincingly projected a vibe of being someone so overpoweringly erotic you simply could not think of anything other than how much you had to have sex with them in the videos and performances of that campaign).

However since 2010 he has been the most egregiously sexless 'sex symbol' alive and the music so aggressively inessential that I have no choice but to spend the rest of this post discussing him solely in terms of objectifying his looks (and saying he is a crap object anyway). Could you imagine rimming Justin Timberlake? I mean I am sure I technically and theoretically could but it feels almost identical to someone making me do the same thought experiment about rimming a Ken doll. Surely even his shits are laminated

The internet is being quite RUDE to him over this recent appearance at a festival. He popped up as a special guest of Pharrell's, I believe.

Last edited:
BLIMEY!

He's got some work to do to get the public back on board.

He should get Lea Michele's people on board as they somehow have managed to get her the LEAD in a HIT BROADWAY SHOW

Does anyone care anymore now that we have Harry Styles?
I thought we cancelled him anyway?

OK OK I know cancel culture is counter intuitive and everything but he still hasn't paid his dues (Anastacia edit) for what he did to Janette and I don't care who knows it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom