Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

VoR

Take it or leave it
Oh this is such a winter album for me. I've played it loads over the past few weeks. Parts of it really do ACHE, and THAT VOICE. I think 'Constant Craving' may be one of my favourite recorded vocal performances ever.

51g%2BpQ5YttL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

08 Save Me
10 The Mind Of Love
09 Miss Chatelaine
08 Wash Me Clean
09 So It Shall Be
10 Still Thrives This Love
10 Season of Hollow Soul
08 Outside Myself
10 Tears of Love's Recall
11 Constant Craving

Loony rating but it really is that strong IMO.

One of my all time favourites. I'm not even going to rate the individual tracks out of fear of sheer, unbridled lunacy.

The only track I don't play much is "Miss Chatelaine", and even that I can appreciate for what it is. It's the utter despair and self loathing of Tears Of Love's Recall, Season Of Hollow Soul, Save Me, Wash Me Clean and Constant Craving that just GET me - it's a breakdown set to music.

The whole thing eerily reminds me incredibly strongly of my first boyfriend, living in Germany and a CERTAIN weekend in Amsterdam. Amazing stuff.

I'm glad she's happier now, but this album just goes to show that MISERY begets the best ART.

SOUR the fruit of NEGLECT
The core of my DOUBT
Deprived are my veins you INFECT
With OR without

Now THAT'S what I call a LOVE SONG :D

FATE must have a REASON
Why ELSE endure the SEASON of HOLLOW SOUL?
The GROUND on WHICH we LEAN ON
How STRANGELY FUELS the SEASON of HOLLOW SOUL...

Oh, k.d. :(

GAYS were you all as FLUMMOXED as I was when you had your FIRST LISTEN PARTY to All you Can Eat way back THEN? I was reasonably excited after "If I Were You" but I was most disappointed when I realised that Ingenue Part DEUX it just WASN'T.

It's all about The Mind Of Love for me lately.

I'm trying to escape
This constant pull towards ache
Why do you fight Kathryn?
Why do you fight?

Surely hope will arrive soon
And cure these self induced wounds
Why hurt yourself Kathryn
Why hurt yourself?

Can your heart conceal
What the mind of love reveals?

*kills self* :(

GAYS were you all as FLUMMOXED as I was when you had your FIRST LISTEN PARTY to All you Can Eat way back THEN? I was reasonably excited after "If I Were You" but I was most disappointed when I realised that Ingenue Part DEUX it just WASN'T.
Oh my, YES!

I've since come to realise that it's got some CORKERS on it, though not of the MISERABLE, SELF-LOATHING kind :(

I think Drag was even more of a disappointment, as I was hoping that AYCE might be some kind of aberration.

It's utterly compelling, captivating and mesmerising from start to finish. And an all time Top Ten album for me.

Anyone going to / been to k.d.'s Ingenue Redux tour? She's playing the album in full to mark the 25th anniversary of its release.

I'm annoyed I only just heard about it and it's already midway through. Also, predictably, nowhere near me anyway. :angry:

https://www.kdlang.com/events

Yes, I'm going on Wednesday. Must dig out my grey mullet wig.

Wot No Hebden Bridge date?

EVEN THROUGH the DARKEST PHASE
Be it THICK or THIN

we can't have a kd topic where I don't say

You hear the howling of dogs and wind
Stirring up the secrets that are frozen within
The ice will haunt you it lays so deep
Locking up inside you the dreams that you keep
I'd walk through the snow barefoot
If you'd open up your door
I'd walk through the snow barefoot
AHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

09 Save Me
10 The Mind Of Love
09 Miss Chatelaine
08 Wash Me Clean
09 So It Shall Be
10 Season of Hollow Soul
09 Outside Myself
09 Tears of Love's Recall
11 Constant Craving

Saw her last night. Fucking AMAZING.

The voice remains FLAWLESS, and I'd forgotten how utterly engaging as a personality she is.

08 Save Me
09 The Mind Of Love
09 Miss Chatelaine
09 Wash Me Clean
08 So It Shall Be
10 Season of Hollow Soul
10 Outside Myself
09 Tears of Love's Recall
11 Constant Craving

The album as a whole piece is an undeniable 10 though, regardless of individual song scores.

kathryn dawn top ten:

1. Constant Craving
2. The Mind of Love
3. The Consequences of Falling
4. The Tears of Love's Recall
5. If I Were You
6. Miss Chatelaine
7. Season of Hollow Soul
8. The Air That I Breathe
9. Big Boned Gal'
10. Wash Me Clean

'Live By Request' is a wonderful compilation. I find a lot of her songs work better in that setting.

I'd need to give a top ten a great degree of thought. It naturally would be very Ingenue heavy, but I can't imagine Theme from Valley of the Dolls and Summerfling wouldn't also be there.

My PARENTS are going to see her this week

LESBIANS

Hopefully they won't get caught in a lesbian pile up in the queue to get in, or have a pint of beer spilt behind them like we did.

On the plus side, there's a 90% chance the person sat in front will be short and dumpy (albeit with spiky hair).

She was amazing. Oh I nearly died honestly.

Tears of Love's Recall was my personal highlight..

I actually wanted to be a lesbain

I know what you mean. First of all I thought I felt like a bit of a fraud but it wasn't that - just like I was missing out on some deeper level.

Last edited:
I read an article recently where she said she has little desire to make music. And hasn't most of her output for a while been collaborations? Perhaps she needs external impetus to inspire her.

So minimal desire to make new music, and touring a 25th anniversary album for two years - hopefully at least that indicates she enjoys performing and may at least tour every few years. I mean let's face it, until her fans die they are pretty much locked in. She could easily just tour Ingenue every few years and mix up the rest of the set.

I was hoping at the time for a Case/Lang/Veirs to support the album in 2016, but clearly the record was very much a one-off (and a spectacular one at that..)

I was also hoping actually that the collaborative album could have sparked something in lang to record a solo album but clearly not.

Can I also say I wish they added more on the 25th anniversary reissue. I mean, MTV unplugged as the bonus material? Really?

Wasn't Barefoot a b-side from that era? The original release of Constant Craving, I think. They could have at least bunged that on.

Barefoot is the Constant Craving B-side.

I thought it was. In the UK it was released twice, and I think it was the b-side of the original flop release.

When it was released again and became a (minor) hit I seem to recall it was a 4 track EP with live versions.

I considered a dalliance with lesbianism briefly, and so naturally I bought both.

I have the cd single, so yes, it's the "b-side" if you can call it like that in a cd. It says "rhythmic version", and also includes another track from Ingenue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom