Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
not to be confused with another amazing song with the same title by Faith Hill. (Love 2 Infinity Remix of course elevating to a higher level :disco:)

Ms White has her moments but there was so much of this kind of sound being produced around that time courtesy of Karyn, Pebbles and even Ms Easton amongst others had a stab. To me it was a variation of what Janet and Jody Watley had and were still serving and I preferred their offerings.

It’s not her best, because Secret Rendezvous is just that bit SLUTTIER.

It WON’T stop
It DON’T stop

God I love Secret Rendezvous. She got her US number one with Romantic from the follow up album, and it is fine but not a patch on it.

The Karyn White album was a childhood favourite, some very good things on there. The BBR deluxe reissue from a few years back is excellent, lots of bonus tracks.

It's not Secret Rendezvous or Romantic, in fact my least favourite of her 5 big hits, but still great.

It annoyed me that she never went proper big over here when others did. That Karyn White album really was TOP NOTCH.

The second was such a step down, and was ridiculous that Romantic ended up her biggest hit really.

Did she ever promote it here? She seems one of those r&b artists that were big in USA and never really cared about the rest of the world

Predictably, I prefer 90s groove Karyn. This is my choice cut

The parent album Make Him Do Right is a bit GLOOPY, the downside of everyone in the mid 90s trying to do bedroom R&B... too many soppy ballads. But the uptempo tracks are all fire

I love 80s Karyn too. While she was around, musically she was note for note with Janet, just without any of the success

Did she ever promote it here? She seems one of those r&b artists that were big in USA and never really cared about the rest of the world

I don’t remember her coming here, but she racked up enough top 40 hits to warrant a proper push. Superwoman spent FOREVER at #11 I seem to recall.

I don’t remember her coming here, but she racked up enough top 40 hits to warrant a proper push. Superwoman spent FOREVER at #11 I seem to recall.
I always associate her with Pebbles, both had a couple of albums out around the same time, a few big hits in USA, and then nothing. Never went big here.

I do like Love Saw It with Babyface doing proto Toni. Karyn sounds so good on it.

It has been disappointing to see no Karyn performances on the TOTP re-runs but I assume her videos must have been in rotation for nine year old me to become aware.

As for ‘The way you love me’, the chorus kicks but the rest isn’t all a bit meh for me.

I’ve said it before and I’ve said it again:

It WON’T stop
It DON’T stop

:disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom