Kate Bush Deep Cuts playlist sync

Oh god I actually forgot earlier Aerial was the last track because I'm so obsessed with Nocturn!

This one is of course the perfect ending to any album EVER. The details, the BEAT, the magic of the birds and the laughing and the way it drops out and kicks RIGHT BACK IN AGAIN. Like much of the album it's a TEASE and it delivers on its promise. Life affirming!

Oh god I actually forgot earlier Aerial was the last track because I'm so obsessed with Nocturn!

This one is of course the perfect ending to any album EVER. The details, the BEAT, the magic of the birds and the laughing and the way it drops out and kicks RIGHT BACK IN AGAIN. Like much of the album it's a TEASE and it delivers on its promise. Life affirming!

Nocturn is my favourite track on Aerial, but it was just a bit too long to include tonight. But anyone who enjoyed the Aerial tracks should listen to Nocturn IMMEDIATELY!

And yes, Aerial is such a euphoric perfect closer! Ugh it's so good

The live version of this also incorporated the "help this blackbird" line from Waking The Witch, and there was a visual link between the skeletal fish people from the Ninth Wave section and Skeletal birds during Aerial - it was so, so special. Release the fucking DVD already love!

I need to go, but thanks for this @Iguana! This is not the kind of music I am naturally drawn to, but I am interested in it and reading your (and others) opinions can help it click more. I actually liked most of them (NOT the witch song) and I will check out The Red Shoes later

Nocturn is my favourite track on Aerial, but it was just a bit too long to include tonight. But anyone who enjoyed the Aerial tracks should listen to Nocturn IMMEDIATELY!

And yes, Aerial is such a euphoric perfect closer! Ugh it's so good

Oh it would have been hard to fit in I think, but yes it's glorious. It makes me teary and longing and nostalgic. If I was an actor who was shit at crying scenes, I'd demand that pumped into my ears throughout.

Oh it would have been hard to fit in I think, but yes it's glorious. It makes me teary and longing and nostalgic. If I was an actor who was shit at crying scenes, I'd demand that pumped into my ears throughout.
Oh that would be A Coral Room for me, it never fails to set me off!

Actually that reminds me of the COB's Weepers idea for a collaborative playlist I had a while ago :D

Thank you @Iguana - perfect playlist! Covering all eras really well and I'm glad it avoided the singles on the whole and we got all those album delights.

It definitely reaffirms for me how Aerial is RIGHT UP THERE with her best. I don't know how anyone can deny it!

I never got to see the live shows in 2014 which is always a VERY SORE POINT in this house, it's probably my biggest ever regret and I have many :D Didn't think all these years later there would be NO DVD...

I don't have a soul, but if she ever does a live show again, I'll pretend I have one and sell it, ANYTHING. What are the odds, though? I mean really?

ALAS...

I never got to see the live shows in 2014 which is always a VERY SORE POINT in this house, it's probably my biggest ever regret and I have many :D Didn't think all these years later there would be NO DVD...

I don't have a soul, but if she ever does a live show again, I'll pretend I have one and sell it, ANYTHING. What are the odds, though? I mean really?

ALAS...

Oh no, I'm sorry RoM :( I don't know what the chances of ANYTHING more from her are. You never know with Kate... I don't hold out hope for the DVD though. I would just love another album. It's been almost as long since 50 Words as between The Red Shoes and Aerial. I think she counts the live album as a 'new album' so she thinks it's only been 5 years since a new album, not 11... She probably also counts the remasters, in her head :D

Hopefully she'll surprise us with something very soon...

I am FUMING @Iguana, I was rudely interrupted just as this started and missed the whole fucking thing :evil: :( I will listen through thoroughly asap and give my thoughts.

tumblr_mcz8zd5AN81rio9qmo1_r1_250.gif

Oh no, I'm sorry RoM :( I don't know what the chances of ANYTHING more from her are. You never know with Kate... I don't hold out hope for the DVD though. I would just love another album. It's been almost as long since 50 Words as between The Red Shoes and Aerial. I think she counts the live album as a 'new album' so she thinks it's only been 5 years since a new album, not 11... She probably also counts the remasters, in her head :D

If she can't be arsed writing anything, I'd love a covers album from her at the very least. I'd love to hear her take on Lolly's 'Viva La Radio', reworked as a haunting ballad from the perspective of a cryogenically frozen Jo Whiley 2000 years in the future.

I am FUMING @Iguana, I was rudely interrupted just as this started and missed the whole fucking thing :evil: :( I will listen through thoroughly asap and give my thoughts.

tumblr_mcz8zd5AN81rio9qmo1_r1_250.gif
I thought it might me payback for me having to work through your Garbage playlist! :D I'm planning on listening to your playlist tomorrow so we can both look like crazy people who are late to the party posting in old threads :disco:

If she can't be arsed writing anything, I'd love a covers album from her at the very least. I'd love to hear her take on Lolly's 'Viva La Radio', reworked as a haunting ballad from the perspective of a cryogenically frozen Jo Whiley 2000 years in the future.
Ooh yes. I'd love her take on WAP from the perspective of a fly trapped inside the WAP.

Also if you're looking for covers, you may like her 2005 cover of Sexual Healing because she says "sexual" quite a lot in it (but be warned it's not very popular among the fanz)

I thought it might me payback for me having to work through your Garbage playlist! :D I'm planning on listening to your playlist tomorrow so we can both look like crazy people who are late to the party posting in old threads :disco:

No I promise it wasn’t! :D I had a bubble friend coming over to stay the night and they wanted to come over at 7, I rearranged it for 9:30 so I wouldn’t miss this and then they took it upon themselves to turn up at 8 :)

Don’t have real life friends people, they ruin everything.

I think I'm just going to to turn up at her house and demand she sings Aerial back-to-back for me alone. I won't threaten her or anything, I'm sure she'll make me a nice cup of tea and, upon hearing my reasons, will deliver.

She will be free to call the police after, I'm fine with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom