Katy Perry - Never Really Over

Jark

User
Premieres Friday, lead single from her fifth album. Will be interesting to see how it does - can it perform like Chained, or will it be more of a Bon Appetit? I suppose it depends how long her hair is in the video.

The title just makes me think of Kelly Clarkson's SULLEN MASTERWORK Sober. Katy doesn't have the range.

I don’t really go back to the last album often but I was listening to Chained the other day and I feel it was judged harshly as it’s actually quite a good pop song

I don’t really go back to the last album often but I was listening to Chained the other day and I feel it was judged harshly as it’s actually quite a good pop song
Was it? It's universally considered among her best though?

I don't think it was judged harshly, so much as there was a wave of INDIFFERENCE towards her and the album as a whole.

I thought she said she wasn't making a new album any time soon.
I like most of her stuff so I am mildly intruiged

I hated everything she'd ever done until she discovered coke, gained creative control and recorded that career killing album which is really rather good overall.

SWISH SWISH, BITCH

:disco:

I hated everything she'd ever done until she discovered coke, gained creative control and recorded that career killing album which is really rather good overall.

SWISH SWISH, BITCH

:disco:

you hated everything from Teenage Dream and Prism?? I know she wasn't everyone's cup of tea but Teenage Dream (song) and Roar are really good pop songs :disco:

you hated everything from Teenage Dream and Prism?? I know she wasn't everyone's cup of tea but Teenage Dream (song) and Roar are really good pop songs :disco:

All the singles, which is as far as I got.

I always said I never understood why- I probably SHOULD like her but everything made me want to punch someone. Profoundly annoying music.

That being said, I just don't NEED Katy Perry in my life in 2019 and I don't know if I ever will again (not anytime soon anyway). She was fun for a while and I can probably put together a Top 10 Katy Perry Songs list (which is more than I could say for, oh, Taylor Swift par exemple but let's not go there because Swiftie / Swifty /*snake emoji* has some serious "stans" here).

Last edited:
KATY PERRY TOP 10+2 (HISTORY MIX)

1. Teenage Dream
2. E.T.
3. Chained to the Rhythm
4. Dark Horse
5. Roulette
6. Part of Me
7. Unconditionally
8. I Kissed a Girl
9. Swish Swish
10. Hot & Cold

(11. Roar)
(12. Wide Awake)

Last edited:
Was it? It's universally considered among her best though?

Chained is considered one of her best? I always thought people were underwhelmed by it.

REET RATE

1 Dark Horse
2. E.T.
3. Firework
4. Chained to the Rhythm
5. Roar
6. Waking Up in Vegas
7. Swish Swish
8. Teenage Dream
9. Hot n Cold
10. Feels

Chained to the Rhythm seemed very underwhelming at the time of release but it took me about a year to realise it's an utterly brilliant pop song. My favourite thing about that album is that basically everyone agreed that it had a killer single, but split basically evenly over which one it was and was aghast that anyone could think it was one of the other two :D

Chained to the Rhythm seemed very underwhelming at the time of release but it took me about a year to realise it's an utterly brilliant pop song. My favourite thing about that album is that basically everyone agreed that it had a killer single, but split basically evenly over which one it was and was aghast that anyone could think it was one of the other two :D
There really was a BANGER for EVERY SIDE of her thoroughly EXPANSIVE MUSICAL PALETTE :disco:

SevereBlissfulAlbatross-size_restricted.gif

I think "Chained to the Rhythm", "Bon Apetite" and "Swish Swish" are all above-average singles, but the packaging was so unappealing and try-hard that people didn't bother. That 24 hour web series thing she did was also a huge misstep. Once radio stopped caring I think all public interest did as well. I think she has slowly built up some goodwill back with American Idol?? Did "365" end up doing anything at all? Hopefully that and "Feels" are indicative of the quality she will churn out this time around.

I'm also quite partial to "Tsunami" from the last album:

So baby come and take a swim with me
Make me ripple till I'm WAVYYY
Don't be scared to dive in deep
And start a TSU-NAMIIIIIII

This will be sampling Love You Like That by Dagny :disco:

I'm very much here for this

(her inability to do a video that isn't satire or "comedy" is quite iconic at this point)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom