Kelly Lee Owens - Inner Song

So tomorrow Kelly Lee Owens FINALLY releases her second album, after her life-changing self-titled debut album, that genuinely came from nowhere to smash every critics score going :disco:

The early reviews for album 2 have been RAVE, so I'm so excited to listen. I MUST CONFESS all the singles so far haven't done much for me, but perhaps this will change in context of the album.

Anyway, let's celebrate with the video for Throwing Lines. In my opinion honestly one of the absolute best music videos of the past few years :disco:

Reactions: Zu
I looked at this album on Friday but gulped at £15 for a CD. She's on my radar nonetheless.

I LIKE this album on first few listens, but it's quite different from the debut. Much less vocal tracks, and the poppier melodies of the debut aren't as obvious.

Initial faves are Arpeggi, On, Jeanette and Wake-Up which is STUNNING.You can deffo feel a Jon Hopkins influence on some tracks, which would make sense following Luminous Spaces.

I'm really NOT KEEN AT ALL on the John Cale track, which I haven't managed to make through the whole way through yet despite my best efforts.

Predictably, I now ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS :disco: It's so hypnotic in a similar way to the debut, but also fresh and different.

'On' is possibly my fave KLO track now - the second half really reminds me of Homogenic era Björk - Alarm Call/Pluto but make it Kelly Lee Owens.
I don't mind the John Cale track either now.

it reminds me of jenny hval's (excellent excellent excellent) album from last year.
definitely took a while for me to fully get into it but it was worth it.
hypnotic with a chance of moments *.*

corner of my sky has very quickly become one of my favourite tracks and videos of the year.

this one is the other i've been enjoying a lot.

I didn’t bother with this album until today, after I saw a poster for it down the Shoreditch. Naturally the John Cale track is EASILY my favourite, along with that one that goes all Jon Hopkins halfway through. I’m also delighted to discover that she’s WELSH :disco:

it reminds me of jenny hval's (excellent excellent excellent) album from last year.

This turns out to be very good indeed; I never took to the previous album so never bothered again. Well, until now :disco:

Both Kelly albums are AMAZING :disco: Her Björk remix is QUITE FUN too!

I properly love the last Jenny Hval album too, Ashes To Ashes is PERFECT POP! Her live show for it however was possibly the worst gig I've ever attended :D

KLO's LP8 was certainly...released wasn't it? I bought the vinyl on the day of release, and I think I only played it once :D

Certainly an example of an infamous LOCKDOWN ALBUM, that in retrospect probably didn't really need releasing...or perhaps not as a full-blown canonical studio album.
It had some cute moments, but was ultimately rather forgettable for me - despite the ENYA MEETS THROBBING GRISTLE press release.

Back to THROWING LINES for us all again pls Kelly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom