Kim Wilde - Never Trust a Stranger

Out of ten?

• Total voters

POP!

Let the light in
One of the best songs of the 80s. It's everything a pop song should be, EMPOWERING. :disco:

"You Came" is another Kim Wilde favorite, but this is better:

Last edited by a moderator:
OFF THE SCALE.

I prefer You Came, JUST. Because that one is so warm and lovely. But the way this one builds and builds is quite magnificent.

Last edited:
That last BIT always gets to me:

'Never trust a stranger with your HEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTT!!!!!'

:disco: x 900

You left without TRACE
Not a NOTE
Or a SINGLE GOODBYE

:disco:

I've said it for YEARS, it's the best thing she's EVER DONE*

*- Though I might just prefer "You Came" nowadays...

"You Came" is certainly JOYOUS and lovely, but it's incomparable for me really, "Never Trust a Stranger" is just MASSIVE in EVERY SINGLE ASPECT.

God I hope we get 'Close' remastered! The thought of this in glorious crisp remastered quality is almost TOO MUCH :disco:

I'm not sure it's really my PLACE. There's bigger fans of hers on here than me...

God I hope we get 'Close' remastered! The thought of this in glorious crisp remastered quality is almost TOO MUCH :disco:

Well you already can...it was remastered on her last GH

Nothing beats the sheer JOY of that pre-chorus on You Came...

And I'll be there when you CALL
I'll pick you up if you should FALL
'Cause I have never felt such INSPIRATION
Nobody else ever gave me more...

The consecutive releases of "You Came" and "Never Trust a Stranger" is one of the best '1, 2 punches' ever in terms of pop singles...it's mind boggling that "Never Trust a Stranger" wasn't a bigger hit than it was though.

I always used to watch the "You Came" video in AWE when I was wee cause I thought "WOW so many people love KIM". It was only in recent years that I realised that's actually Michael Jackson's audience cause she supported him on the Bad Tour.

OH WELL

I can't believe she led the album with 'Hey Mr Heartache' when she had those GEMS waiting in the wings!

But it worked so who cares?

I can't believe she led the album with 'Hey Mr Heartache' when she had those GEMS waiting in the wings!

But it worked so who cares?

oh she had a golden touch though, look at ho well coming back with 'Its here' went... oh :(

oh she had a golden touch though, look at ho well coming back with 'Its here' went... oh :(

"oh it's OK if it flops. 'Time' is my first number one. JUST YOU WAIT..."

"What's that you say? Can't Get Enough Of Your Love? Oh I don't THINK SO... Shove it out in France if you must..."

Since this was a linked thread. I'm actually having a Close/Catch As Catch Can power-play whenever in the car at the moment (although my CDs in the passenger seat can sometimes feel reminiscent of a scene in Death Becomes Her with Madeline Ashton frantically scrambling for make-up whilst driving in the rain). From Close, Stranger, You Came and Stone are all blistering pop anthems, but the jazzy romance of Love's A No, Natural Way and European Soul are fitting the mood a lot lately too. CACC has some of her most monumental and beautiful highlights: Sing It Out For Love, Can You Hear It, Sparks, Dream Sequence and Back Street Joe. Of the latter, I struggle to think of an album that makes me feel as awe-struck in the same way.

I don't HATE IT but I've never really understood the FUSS

And that goes for most of her OEUVRE

Last edited:
Re-living for this after subjecting myself to the sadly joyless Claire Richards version.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOAH! :disco:

Claire Richards had a go? Dear me. Only prime 80s Kim or 80s era Sam Fox could convincingly deliver the lines:

“Like a tiger you HUNTED and TRACKED me down
SAVAGED my soul and TOOK over CONTROL
And then when you'd USED all the love you found”

Claire honks it out competently enough, but she just sounds BORED compared to Kim's high-drama delivery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom