Kim Wilde's first three albums reissued AGAIN

LET’S RANK, SUEDE

I must admit I'm not as well VERSED with the queen's discography but I'd rank the ones I KNOW thus...

1. CLOSE
2. Select
3. Teases & Dares
4. Love Is
5. Catch As Catch Can
6. Another Step
7. Love Moves
8. Kim Wilde
9. Never Say Never

But I NEED everything else in my life to be honest.

I note some of the reissues are now going for about a tenner on Amazon..[/QUOTE]

Actually today on this sunday morning after 3 coffees I would say that SELECT is my favourite.

Such a queen.

Couldn't resist putting this little number on when I saw Never Say Never enter Suedey's favourites at #9. Maybe I'm crazy, but giving us West End Kim for the intro, the deliciously salty verses and changing the lyrics to On A Night Like This for the chorus was a sign to me that there was a lot more in the tank than what the album became (unless the concept was the only deal on the table of course).

I love Never Say Never. It’s really very good. Maybe could do with a little pruning but Forgive Me, Together We Belong, Maybe I’m Crazy and even the reworked You Came are all TOP NOTCH.

Did you buy the Xmas album reissue @Sheena?

Disc one on my copy is not playing properly but I didn't bother sending back as it is a bit of an effort at the moment and I have the original anyway.

It is a really nice festive album. Swap in some of the bonuses from disc two and it would be even better.

I haven't watched yet as I think I am going to save for Christmas Eve but Kim has put up a festive acoustic show:

I haven’t. I forgot all about it to be honest. It was never my favourite Kim album.

I do like the idea of that acoustic show, though, I shall investigate!

I rather enjoyed that little acoustic show. Her version of Last Christmas is lovely. It does amuse me the way she introduces her songs like 'right now we are going to do a Kim Wilde hit' like she is a part time tribute act.

Is today the day we hear Shine On, Kim's Degrees of Motion cover with Boy George?*

*okay it's not a cover.

Pleasant enough but I don't think Boy George sounds great on this, though he also sounded like he was recorded from a phone box for the rather more lively Name and Number.

Why was she on this in 1995? Cher was good on Don't Forget Your Toothbrush too. Was it a farewell show or something? It can't have lasted much longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom